Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Grinding Noise only while swerving it sounded like it was comeing from the rear. I have have pulled all tires and checked the brakes and rotors. still having the issue. Won't do it while in the air, and almost sounds like it coming from right under me. ANY IDEAS? thanks for the help

·
Premium Member
10,869 Posts
I have a Grinding Noise only while swerving it sounded like it was comeing from the rear. I have have pulled all tires and checked the brakes and rotors. still having the issue. Won't do it while in the air, and almost sounds like it coming from right under me. ANY IDEAS? thanks for the help
Do you have a lift on your truck? If you do then you can get a shudder from not having a carrier bearing drop but I would not usually describe that as a grinding.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no i dont have a lift. It only does it when i swerve back and forth. almost sounds like it underneath my seat. Roating grinding noise.

·
Registered
61 Posts
rear rotors are scraping the backing plate.
there is a TSB for it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.