Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts
More hp than tq? Think its cuz of the intake and muffs?

I tried 2 tanks of premium when towing...no mpg or power difference. I knew the answer but just had to try it.

More hp than tq? Think its cuz of the intake and muffs?
I think it was because of the way I did my exhaust. I've since added the x-pipe and that should have gained a little bit of tq so I figure that put them back at even.

Yeah we get the shaft up here on gas price's. And puting premium in my truck every time is not about me feeling better it's a preference and I personaly notice the difference and I use 94octane not pooey american 91, my truck runs like shit when I fill up on your gas, premium of course

I tracked my fuel milege with mostly city driving and compared running a few tanks of 87 with a few tanks of 91. The 91 octane consistently gave a 1-2 mpg increase when used over 3-4 tanks of gas. With the price of gas around $3.00/reg and $3.20 premium, it's a wash economy-wise. I ran 91 just because the engine felt smoother with it (and to prep the tank for the supercharger install!).

Now that I'm supercharged, though, no choice :D

-Dave

Yeah we get the shaft up here on gas price's. And puting premium in my truck every time is not about me feeling better it's a preference and I personaly notice the difference and I use 94octane not pooey american 91, my truck runs like shit when I fill up on your gas, premium of course
yyyyaaa i've seen places with 93 octane in florida.. usually mobil 1
and i notice a difference with 93...

you really wanna feel your truck lose power.. come up to Colorado Springs and run 85..

:deadhorse:

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.