Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
You are right. I recently (1-11-21)took my 03 Tundra in for air bag recall. Service tech informed me of the frame inspection and recall. Rust damage was detected and they informed me " by law I was not allowed to have my truck back untill frame is replaced". I was shocked!! Toyota accepted responsibility for a inferior product. Lot more to the story because 3 months later they still have my truck. You,I and that other 'fella' have every right to expect quality and durability from manufacturers.
Out of curiosity did they provide you a loaner vehicle while they have your truck? If so do you still have it?

·
Registered
11 Posts
The final answer is yes. At first dealership set me up through Enterprise on a car. That was unacceptable,my Tundra is a work truck,farm and part-time job use. We settled on a 2020 Dodge Laramie 4x4. Power everything,heated seats and steering wheel. All the bells and whistles. This truck is a"pretty boy". Big pooch on towing and hauling. Been stuck twice in snow do to zero ground clearance. Yes I still have it. Had to provide a#1,credit card#2 50$ deposit#3 proof in insurance#4 use there "full" coverage insurance or provide my own #drivers license before I could set behind wheel. It's not a Toyota.

·
Registered
11 Posts
First of all I have been informed by my family members that I hijacked a thread. Please accept my apologies. I am very very new to this. Let me finish my hijacking and let everyone know that Toyota has agreed to replace the frame and in the process of doing it now. As soon as I can figure out I will post another thread on the progress and cost.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts