Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
It may be that if the pictures are too large, too small, or not centered will prevent them from showing correctly. It has to be a size that works for both the smartphone contacts and the Tundra Entune contacts, which come from the smartphone. I had some pictures show up on the smartphone that were either too big and/or not centered, so in the Tundra it would either be nothing or just someone’s ear?

Contact pictures seem to load just fine when about 5k to 600k in size and centered (may require cropping).

I have used pictures on both JellyBean and KitKat HTC phones. I assume you are attaching the pictures to your contacts in your smartphone; thus when a call comes in the picture will also show up on the smartphone too? It may be that the IOS8 requires a switch to be turned on to transfer the pictures to the Tundra instead of a blank silhouette?
The contact images on iOS 8 actually flowed from social media accounts (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.). I haven't taken and manually attached a photo a contact in my phone since I got it over a year ago. All of the contact photos are well within the 5k-600k range and all have been cropped and centered (I would have thought this was the issue, but all contacts on Entune show only the black silhouette, not any piece of a image).
I have checked every iPhone forum I can think of and, aside from fixing the Messaging function (*Show Notifications button on Bluetooth Info screen), I haven't seen anything about syncing the iPhone contacts with Entune contact. I would think, with as popular as iPhones are that some Tundra owner would own one and have this figured out...$1000 says it is something nonsensically simple and I will feel like a horse's ass when I figure it out.
Per this other Toyota forum, it is possible to get images off of iPhone on to Entune...they just dont reference it happening with Tundra...only with Highlander. http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/333-3rd-generation-2014/836393-displaying-phone-contact-images-entune.html

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
The contact images on iOS 8 actually flowed from social media accounts (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.). I haven't taken and manually attached a photo a contact in my phone since I got it over a year ago. All of the contact photos are well within the 5k-600k range and all have been cropped and centered (I would have thought this was the issue, but all contacts on Entune show only the black silhouette, not any piece of a image).
I have checked every iPhone forum I can think of and, aside from fixing the Messaging function (*Show Notifications button on Bluetooth Info screen), I haven't seen anything about syncing the iPhone contacts with Entune contact. I would think, with as popular as iPhones are that some Tundra owner would own one and have this figured out...$1000 says it is something nonsensically simple and I will feel like a horse's ass when I figure it out.
Per this other Toyota forum, it is possible to get images off of iPhone on to Entune...they just dont reference it happening with Tundra...only with Highlander. Displaying Phone Contact images in Entune - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
Um, I do not know what the problem is? I really do not know anything about iOS8?

About 7-8 months ago with “old” head unit, I used Gmail and stored the pictures there and they just sync with the SmartPhone and the Tundra. I did not like the Gmail with my SmartPhone so I turned that animal off.

Since that time my HTC has update OS twice, and the Tundra has a new system (head unit etc). So my smartphone had no pictures in it at all. So today, I just copied direct from my computer via USB cable to the picture directory on the Smartphone; and attached pictures to 5 contacts. It all works just fine. I guess it is in the HTC, some sort of cropping sizing centering tool for each picture to get just like you want it to look by dragging the borders to the contact picture and that is how it shows up on the Tundra screen.

So the short answer is: With the old systems and the new systems (phone and truck), the pictures for contacts has worked just fine.

Side note: I think there is a switch in the Tundra to have the Entune system download contacts (and data) every time you start the truck? I think that is how mine is set?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Here's an update to those following this thread that might prove useful. If you've read any of my previous posts, I stated that my HD weather was working great, then suddenly it stopped, coincidentally about the same time I got a new cell phone. BigTex and I had some discussion about phones and signals etc. It was hard to tell if the problem was the app or the phone. Here's what I've learned in the past couple of weeks. Others in my company using new "4G" phones from our provider were having trouble getting any signal on their phones when they went to OKC. The provider went into the settings and changed the roaming from looking for only 4G towers to 3G. I had this done to my phone on the 23rd and now my weather and radar are working again. It's still a little sticky and not quick to update to a new town as you're travelling, but I can force that by hitting the app button, then going back to the home button. From what I can tell, the local ISP/Cell phone company is still supporting old 3G/CDMA as well as trying to roll out new 4G/LTE. They won't go pure 4G until October of 2015, so apparently the data is not quite up to snuff on the 4G yet. Hopefully this might help others in a similar situation.

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had posted this on the general discussion post, wondering if you can help me out?

By no means am I a computer genius. I enjoy exploring the options on my navigation/entune system. I brought this to the attention of my local dealer after service was performed on my truck. When selecting the maintenance tab; at least 15
items appear i.e. engine oil, tires, air filter etc. You would think that during the service, the future required checks/services would auto populate; not requiring you to edit each item individually. Am I going about this all wrong? The service department couldn't give me an explanation. Can anyone give me any guidance ?

·
Registered
31 Posts
mwhulaboy, My '07 Lexus has a similar screen and I've learned that the maintenance reminder can be turned on or off for this function. When on and needing maintenance on particular item, the screen should turn orange. Here's the link where I found that info. http://drivers.lexus.com/t3Portal/document/omnav/OM50750U/pdf/othf.pdf
My 1794 appears to be very similar, but to be honest I haven't explored it too much so far, but now I'm curious. On the Lexus, I do input things like when I replace the battery or tires for future reference. I would suspect that the dealer should be entering information for the items that they tend to during service, but that's a guess. I'm going to get my Navi manual out for the 1794 and do some reading.

Hope this helps a little.

·
Registered
31 Posts
MWhulaboy, I found a section on this in the Navi manual starting on page 61. It is very similar to what I said about the Lexus. It has to be turned on and certain parameters configured for when you want reminders. Reminder notification screens are in orange. I suspect you may also see a notification in the small info screen near the speedo. Now you can educate the Toyota techs!

·
Registered
113 Posts
So I have a new to me 2014 Tundra Platinum and I have put off downloading the Entune app because of the horrible reviews. The HD radio gets me weather updates and I think traffic but I can use Pandora from my phone. I guess i'm asking if I should, if it's figured out now or if I should just wait to do anything till it's all worked out? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
So I have a new to me 2014 Tundra Platinum and I have put off downloading the Entune app because of the horrible reviews. The HD radio gets me weather updates and I think traffic but I can use Pandora from my phone. I guess i'm asking if I should, if it's figured out now or if I should just wait to do anything till it's all worked out? Thanks!
it's not a very good app but it doesn't do any harm to download the app.
The main thing I don't like is that it doesn't work if you have anything plugged into the USB port. I have an iPod plugged in all the time and have to unplug it or the phone app will not communicate with the headunit.

The app is nice for searching for a location or business and either directly calling that business or navigating to it without having to enter the address manually.

·
Registered
1 Posts
having problems with entune freezing up and resetting itself 2014 tundra 88000 miles will they replace it ?

61 - 70 of 70 Posts