Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys im wanting to make sure I make the right decision. Im looking at buying a Desert Fox toy hauler (21SW) its 22' box and about 24' overall and weighs in at 540lbs dry & has a hitch weight somewhere arount 7-800lbs. I know the tundra has the power to pull it but would the hitch weight and overall weight of the rig be too much? Truck has Fox coilovers with remote res and rear remote piggybacks with coach +2 shackles and firestone bags. Someone point me in the right direction. Thanks.

·
Registered
478 Posts
You will be fine. I am pulling 30' with dry hitch weight of 870 and my trucks stock with just a WDH with sway.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I pull a 20' MXT TH with stats that are very close. The Tundra has no problem; I'm even considering going up to something like Roy has. Of course, the weight distribution hitch is key.

As I re-read your post, I see you have aftermarket shocks and I suppose you are lifted too. I cannot speculate on that. Maybe others can. However, the power, brakes and control of the stock truck with a trailer of that size will never be a problem.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Tundra will have no problem with the weight. Just watch your payload. Payload capacities in our trucks are very underrated from the factory. However, if you get in an accident, and you exceed ANY of the factory towing capacities (i.e payload), your insurance probably will not cover you. Just something to think about.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys

1 - 5 of 5 Posts