Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently looking to buy another truck, around the first of the year. Just sold my '02 Avalanche to my stepson. The Avalanche towed very well with the 5.3L V8. Its was rated at 285HP. The 4.6L engines are rated at 310HP. Am I correct in assuming the 4.6 won't have a problem hauling a 2 place enclosed snowmobile trailer? Don't know a lot about Toyotas, never owned one before. Fuel mileage on the Avalanche was around 14-15 combined. Any info about the Tundras would be appreciated.

·
Registered
289 Posts
The 4.6L should be more than sufficient for what you're towing. I've towed with a GM 5.3L (LM7 w/ 285hp). I think the 4.6L is EPA rated for 20mpg (hwy).

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
830 Posts
A quick look at 2013's has the Avalanche at 5,800lb and the CrewMax at 5,550lb. I'm going to guess, Maybe 2002 Avalanche was significantly lighter, but I'd look up the curb weight and compare.

Would you be after a CrewMax, or the Double Cab? DC has a lot of space, but it might be cramped for adults: I'd think it was fine for kids. And more than sufficent if it was only rarely used for people. DC is a bit lighter, not by much.

I'd get the towing package, whatever you get. Is it required, just for snowmobiles? Not really. Will it hurt anything? Nope, and it might recoup most of that cost on resale.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts