Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1281 - 1299 of 1299 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
I too want to add an air chuck to the bags.

Well I know you are enjoying yourself.

If you come up with a crafty place for an air chuck, send some pictures I’m gonna be trying it soon.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
South Toledo Bend State Park.

First time here and honestly it’s probably my favorite so far. Very quiet and pretty. Our spot is ok. We found ones with better views of the lake for next time.

The little one had fun flipping all our chairs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I added a steadyfast stabilizer system to the camper. It is a huge improvement on the shaking when setup. It’s very easy to use and a well designed system. The owner of the company is also very helpful and sent out the longer braces on Christmas Eve so I would get them in time for my trip this weekend. If your camper shakes when parked I’d look into them.

Here are some pictures.

One goes lengthwise with the camper and 2 go across.

I got the one with 4 foot plates since I’m anal about everything being even and I like the larger footprint

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Hmm i think I will dear wife gets angry when I take the dog out and step off the entrance stairs.

It doesn’t completely get rid of the movement, but I’d say it reduces it 80-90%. Im very impressed with this system.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
*snip*

Very thankful for my multi mount winch. Hopefully I can get out tomorrow morning without having to winch. Or tearing anything up.

Nice rig!

Can you tell us a bit more about your "multi mount winch"--possibly with links and/or pics?

Also, I see you have a front receiver hitch. I'm interested in that both for possibly mounting a (temporary) recovery winch (IF the hitch is strong enough?) and also for putting a light motorcycle carrier up front (dirtbike which would be no more than 200-215lbs.--plus MC carrier weight, of course).

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Nice rig!

Can you tell us a bit more about your "multi mount winch"--possibly with links and/or pics?

Also, I see you have a front receiver hitch. I'm interested in that both for possibly mounting a (temporary) recovery winch (IF the hitch is strong enough?) and also for putting a light motorcycle carrier up front (dirtbike which would be no more than 200-215lbs.--plus MC carrier weight, of course).

Thanks!

I basically have the really old version of this winch and mount setup.

https://www.warn.com/95-cti-multi-mount-electric-winch-85760

It mounts into a 2” receiver hitch. And you wire quick connect plugs front and rear. Really simple to use. I also welded a hitch tube on my trailer so I can use it there too.

The front receiver was originally the Reese model, but it has since been modified to extend the tube more to the front and I removed the side plates more to simplify maintenance than anything. In its original configuration, I had to use a hitch extension for the winch and my pedal of my mountain bike rubbed the front bumper.

Most front hitches are rated to a 9,000 lb winch pull rating.

I have more details in my build thread 13 TSS build.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hello Tundra Family,

If anyone hauling these beautiful campers is in need of a brake upgrade, swing by BuyBrakes.com to check out some of the Truck n Tow options available (https://www.buybrakes.com/stoptech/brake-kits-rotors-and-pads/?filter[attribute][3][19]=19) .

Use coupon code tundratalk10 for additional savings on the site or give us a call and we would be happy to help you over the phone find the right setup for your truck! 888-257-7149

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Well drove up to Lake Claiborne State Park today. About a 4 hour drive north. Almost into Arkansas. It’s the most hills I’ve done with the camper so far. At speed it takes them fine. I had a couple stop signs at the base of the hill that it had to work to get it going. I was maxed out with the cart, kayaks and bikes loaded up. I also figured out my hitch basket clears the camper for my ice chest. I know it would be better on the back of the camper but I had to have the bikes back there I don’t like them on the front hitch.

So far it’s s nice park but I’m not sure if I’d drive this far just to come here again. We are going to check out a couple other state parks and go to duck commander while we are up this way.

The trailer got a set of Goodyear Emdurance tires, new brakes, and repacked wheel bearings before this trip too.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Well drove up to Lake Claiborne State Park today. About a 4 hour drive north. Almost into Arkansas. It’s the most hills I’ve done with the camper so far. At speed it takes them fine. I had a couple stop signs at the base of the hill that it had to work to get it going. I was maxed out with the cart, kayaks and bikes loaded up. I also figured out my hitch basket clears the camper for my ice chest. I know it would be better on the back of the camper but I had to have the bikes back there I don’t like them on the front hitch.

So far it’s s nice park but I’m not sure if I’d drive this far just to come here again. We are going to check out a couple other state parks and go to duck commander while we are up this way.

The trailer got a set of Goodyear Emdurance tires, new brakes, and repacked wheel bearings before this trip too.

May also want to check out Lake Darbone State park in Farmerville. It’s really nice also. It’s in Northern Louisiana also.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
May also want to check out Lake Darbone State park in Farmerville. It’s really nice also. It’s in Northern Louisiana also.

That’s the plan for sure. Probably heading there Friday in the truck, maybe checking out Chima-haut (spelling?) and then heading to Monroe.

·
Registered
27 Posts
That’s the plan for sure. Probably heading there Friday in the truck, maybe checking out Chima-haut (spelling?) and then heading to Monroe.

I live up in the north part of Louisiana, you’re right, Claiborne is pretty. Lincoln Parish Park north of Ruston is nice too if you haven’t been there.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Chucksmith, is your trailer a toy hauler? Must be. How much does the golf cart weigh? Or was it already up at your lease? I have to admit, when I think gooseneck I always think 3/4 ton. Have you ever taken across scales when it is loaded up. Just wondering where you are with weights and limits, etc..
thanks
Jeff

·
Registered
326 Posts
Chucksmith, is your trailer a toy hauler? Must be. How much does the golf cart weigh? Or was it already up at your lease? I have to admit, when I think gooseneck I always think 3/4 ton. Have you ever taken across scales when it is loaded up. Just wondering where you are with weights and limits, etc..
thanks
Jeff

That is Mrmachinist setup, wish it was mine lol

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
thanks
Jeff

The camper is a 5th wheel toy hauler. It’s all aluminum and only weighs 6500lbs dry. The cart weighs just under 1,000lbs. I haven’t made it to the scales yet but I’m under the max tow weight for sure. I’m pretty sure I’m either at max payload or slightly over. My next truck will be a 3/4 ton most likely. But for what I do, the tundra is doing just fine. I wouldn’t attempt to go cross country with this setup. I would want something smaller and lighter if I was doing some serious miles. Towing at max is never the easiest experience in anything.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thanks mrmachinist. Sorry for the confusion. I’ve hauled a motorcycle in the bed while pulling our 23’ trailer, and had no issues at all. I’m always looking for a better way to do things. I really wish Toyota would come out with a heavier duty truck with diesel, but I just don’t see it happening. They’ll come out with an electric or hybrid before that.

1281 - 1299 of 1299 Posts