Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

981 - 1000 of 1299 Posts

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
I've been welding up these campground campfire pit grates for a couple years. I've been giving them away. I use mostly scraps of iron from other projects, so no real cost but my time.

With all the positive feed back I get from everyone, I think I would like to build maybe 10 or so to have on hand. I have just under $20 into each one and maybe 30 minutes of time. Usually there is time to drink a beer as well.

I was hoping I could get a suggested price to sell these things for. I know I can't beat prices of store bought, over seas type cookers, but I know I can beat quality hands down.

I would spend around 50 or 60 bucks on one. However, you just gave me a great or should I say grate idea for the left over expanded metal from my bed rack build

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
136 Posts
The 1000/10000 should probably work but if it were me I'd go with the 1200/12000 pound hitch. That's what I have and I'm loaded at 7100 pounds with a hitch weight around 900 pounds. Tows great.
Yea I guess I forgot to mention my hitch weight is also right around 900. I have a V-Lite so they are a tad nose heavy. But ok so far that is 1 vote for me...thanks!

·
Registered
81 Posts
How about my Northeast Brothers & Sisters....when/where is your first trip out?

I'm headed out to my annual first trip to Bear Brook the first weekend in May...

First weekend of May for us also,I have a 4 day weekend so still working on a location....probably white mountains or mid Vermont somewhere.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
Hey Folks I have an on going debate with the wife I hope y'all can help out with. What size equalizer WDH would you recommend for a 7800lb TT...Yes that's Wet completely loaded, food, gear, gas, bikes, etc. and weighed on Certified Cat Scales.(figured I would just save "those" folks some time).
You'll never be sorry for buying more than you need. On the other hand....

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
So how do I join the Tundra Campers Club? Just bought my first Tundra (had a Sequoia once, which was awesome) and I'm pretty excited about the community here on TundraTalk. It has been a great experience so far.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Cannot believe its going to in the 70s here in the north east. Wife asked if she could go camping so hitched up the camper to the tundra. set everything up for her to tow our TT to a campground with the 5 and 8 yr old.
she meeting her cousin and her kids there.

I on the other hand working. I am a bit nervous as usually like tow first especially after adding the airbag and redoing the WDH but it so happens the wife is ready to roll. Made a step by step instruction on how to unhitch safely ....
last 2 times she went solo with kids, she always finds some helpful person.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Want to join!

Hi, wondering if I can join up for the tundra camping club. Have an 07 CM Limited and '12 Forrest River 27bh. We have had our camper since October last year and have already been 6-7 times here in VA. Been reading through and have already found lots of great info, thanks.

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
Anyone have any recommendations on a queen rv mattress? My back and hips have had it with the one we have. I tried butting a memory foam topper on it but it still sucks.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Anyone have any recommendations on a queen rv mattress? My back and hips have had it with the one we have. I tried butting a memory foam topper on it but it still sucks.

Memory foam just adds some cushion at the cost of being warm. I pulled out my 74" queen and replaced it with a residential queen (80"). For the plywood under the bed I made a new one that was 6" longer and re-enforced with a 2x4 (used the old one as a template).

So, if you have the room to add 6", it is the way to go, otherwise you are stuck with RV mattress sizes.

- Ken

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
Memory foam just adds some cushion at the cost of being warm. I pulled out my 74" queen and replaced it with a residential queen (80"). For the plywood under the bed I made a new one that was 6" longer and re-enforced with a 2x4 (used the old one as a template).

So, if you have the room to add 6", it is the way to go, otherwise you are stuck with RV mattress sizes.

- Ken
Unfortunately, our couch is directly in front of our bed with an already narrow walkway so a standard mattress is not an option. Any recommendations on where to look or brands?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Try a local mattress manufacturer. For example in western NY Jamestown mattress will make you a 74" mattress. You can test a full size in store to see how you like it and have them make it as a 74".

Luckily we have been able to replace our previous 74" with a nice 80" pillow top and again the same in our current 5th wheel.

Unfortunately, our couch is directly in front of our bed with an already narrow walkway so a standard mattress is not an option. Any recommendations on where to look or brands?

·
Registered
182 Posts

I have been on a camper mattress search myself. i looked on amazon and wayfair and found rv size mattress from various brands. not sure how good they would be, but anything beats the things that come in campers. i feel your pain:crying:

·
Premium Member
436 Posts

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
Looks interesting. How do you ship it back if you don't like it?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Got the 1200 Equalizer installed w/the P3 and its a completely different animal. Man what a difference towing! wish I would have had the equalizer to start with

·
Registered
119 Posts
Got the 1200 Equalizer installed w/the P3 and its a completely different animal. Man what a difference towing! wish I would have had the equalizer to start with
I just switched to the Equalizer this year, been running the Reese DC, have yet to tow with it.

- Ken

981 - 1000 of 1299 Posts