Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

941 - 960 of 1299 Posts

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Ok folks, this helps a lot. Armed with this information, I think I'm more comfortable finding what I'm looking for...................
That's the best way to do it. Know what you are looking for and need - then make a wise decision.

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
Ok folks, this helps a lot. Armed with this information, I think I'm more comfortable finding what I'm looking for.

Do we know of any RV dealers on the East coast I need to stay away from?
East Coast is pretty long.

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
Anyone else in the colder climates getting the itch to get out camping. I can't wait. My family was talking plans for our first trip tonight at dinner.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
This is the first year I got some time to camp. Last few year family commitments had made be go to india and not having enough vacation for any extended plans.

I am excited to see how the tundra does. it has 115k and is new to towing. this year plan to visit Delaware seashore park, assatague [sp?] state park, hersey pa and a few state parks in PA. not a long trip. just a week in july leave the camper in storage somewhere and then pick it up in august and do another week before heading home to MA. Around 2k of towing.

i am changing the coolant today, i got airbags on craigslist which i cleaned and repainted yesterday. put some 4600 HD shocks in the rear.next up i found a DC stock exhaust , might swap the flowmaster 40 full exhaust headache maker . does anyone know if a DC exhaust will work on a crewmax?.how hard is it to swap, do i need to weld or it is just bolts?

Yes it will. I swapped my 2010 CM to my 2015 DC from BAMuffler. No problems whatsoever.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
232 Posts
Anyone else in the colder climates getting the itch to get out camping. I can't wait.
If weather holds we will be camping the weekend of April 1st. We are just going across the river to the KOA. Just to get out. We have been itching to go!!!!

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Been out once already and have a trip down the Oregon Coast coming up!

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
If weather holds we will be camping the weekend of April 1st. We are just going across the river to the KOA. Just to get out. We have been itching to go!!!!
Looks like our opener is going to be April 8th. Cleanup weekend at our favorite park. Jellystone in Milton. Free weekend of camping in exchange for some work around the camp.
Been out once already and have a trip down the Oregon Coast coming up!
Glad you have been able to get out. Never been that far west. I am sure it is a beautiful trip. Enjoy.

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
Just uncovered the trailer yesterday. I have some work to do. My dog must have been trying to get to a mouse and ripped up the grey, black, and fresh water tanks as well as the fabric and insulation under the camper in the rear left corner. She was acting weird when I started to go back there. Now I know why.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Just uncovered the trailer yesterday. I have some work to do. My dog must have been trying to get to a mouse and ripped up the grey, black, and fresh water tanks as well as the fabric and insulation under the camper in the rear left corner. She was acting weird when I started to go back there. Now I know why.

I uncovered my last week, first trip is scheduled for April 1, cant' wait!! Sorry to hear about the damage, that sucks.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Getting our tt ready for our trip to Missouri this summer. Will be around 3000 miles round trip. Installed the dexter ez-flex suspension. Towing it home from the shop I did notice an improvement. Now for a good wash and wax and she will be ready to go!

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Subscribe.

We'll be renting and towing one of my fellow firefighter's 25' Palomino out west at the end of August. My 2007 4.7 liter double cab with the tow package is rated for 7800 pounds, plenty for this rig. It will just be me, the wife, and the dogs, so no bikes and kayaks and such. I'll be using his weight distributing hitch setup, but need to get a brake controller to plug in. Saving me the search through 39 pages of this thread or the whole forum, anyone have suggestions? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Subscribe.

We'll be renting and towing one of my fellow firefighter's 25' Palomino out west at the end of August. My 2007 4.7 liter double cab with the tow package is rated for 7800 pounds, plenty for this rig. It will just be me, the wife, and the dogs, so no bikes and kayaks and such. I'll be using his weight distributing hitch setup, but need to get a brake controller to plug in. Saving me the search through 39 pages of this thread or the whole forum, anyone have suggestions? Thanks in advance.

BigRed, the general consensus is the Prodigy P3 is the best all around brake controller. I have one and while I haven't tried any others, it seems to do a good job.

Agreed, go with the P3 and you'll have no need for any other brake controller.

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
^^ what they said!

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
BigRed, the general consensus is the Prodigy P3 is the best all around brake controller. I have one and while I haven't tried any others, it seems to do a good job.
Agreed, go with the P3 and you'll have no need for any other brake controller.
^^ what they said!

Ditto on the P3, it's what I have, and works great and is very adjustable.

This is where I installed mine: Tekonsha P3 Install in Crewmax - Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forum

- Ken

A P3 it is. I found one on eBay for $124.25. Entire kit brand new with free shipping. The seller will even make up the custom harness for your vehicle for an extra charge. Since I bought my truck used and it didn't have the pigtail kit, I'll get the harness from them. Thanks for the suggestions.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
How about my Northeast Brothers & Sisters....when/where is your first trip out?

I'm headed out to my annual first trip to Bear Brook the first weekend in May...

941 - 960 of 1299 Posts