Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

41 - 60 of 1299 Posts

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
WOW!!! This is an awesome response guys, thank you... I updated the original post with member numbers. Another idea to add is location to the original post order, would that be something folks would be interested in? If so please send me your location... So as it's probably obvious going forward I'll post numbers on the original post in sequential order as members pop up.

As far as the list at this point, BigNuge got a bump because thru another club on here he helped with the idea of this club. everyone else is by who I saw first, if I missed someone or miss spelled a name please let me know.

atl1glf I left you off the list for the time being because you said you'd like to follow the thread for now? Just so you know it's not just for campers so if you tent camp your in if you'd like. Let me know what you think...
Good response so far dude!

Feel free to put my town in, Im in Seabrook NH (right next to Hampton Beach). I camp throughout NH/ME/VT (for now...lol).

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Couldn't resist posting these stock pics. We are picking up this exact model Saturday. It's inaugural voyage will be in about a week for a 3 day music festival. I'll get actual photos on our trip. My only worry at this point is getting it in the driveway.

You be #13 if you want in...

·
Registered
2,199 Posts

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
I'm on board with this club! I've got a 28ft Prime Time Avenger... had it since April and love it. I'm new to towing...I suck ass at backing it up but, I'm told practice..practice...practice...I have and I choose to use pull throughs!!!

Got a big trip witht the camper in December... going to Disney...if any of you have any insight, guidance, advice on the campgrounds at Disney...please hit me up.
My buddy showed me how to back trailers up when we were young while driving yard tractors. The best advise he gave me is to make small moments of the wheel. That advise still serves me to this day. Hope it helps.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Good response so far dude!

Feel free to put my town in, Im in Seabrook NH (right next to Hampton Beach). I camp throughout NH/ME/VT (for now...lol).
Ya man this is sweet... I love how this is coming together...

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
My buddy showed me how to back trailers up when we were young while driving yard tractors. The best advise he gave me is to make small moments of the wheel. That advise still serves me to this day. Hope it helps.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
^^^^^^^
Ya I agree ,
some other advice I got from a buddy who drove large equipment in the military said to put your hand on the bottom of the wheel ( 6 o'clock ) and what ever way you want the trailer to head move your hand in that direction..

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #47

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Sweet!!! I still haven't gotten to finish checking out my cap wiring lol...
Added to my signature.

Im still not sure the problem. Can you snap some pictures?

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Added to my signature.

Im still not sure the problem. Can you snap some pictures?
I'm going away for the weekend but when I get back I'll pull it and take pics...

·
Registered
2,199 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #51

·
Registered
16 Posts
Duthcmen 261 BHS

My wife and I purchased our second camper this past February. We came across a good deal at the boat show at home here in Louisville, KY on a Dutchmen's 261 BHS. I don't have any whole pictures of the camper. We are going soon so I will post some here once I take them.

Here is a stock picture for now. I love being a camper family. Grew up at the lake spending every weekend in my grandparents houseboat. I was a swabby for many years but all things learned on the houseboat were transferable to the camper.

My Tundra is a towing machine :D. It was many nights reading on the forum that pushed me to buying the towing mirrors and Firestone Airbags.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,545 Posts
I'll play. Even though I'll prolly get a ration of shit about being overloaded. I'm okey with a good old fashion "dog pile" on the internet

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
That's not too bad. Probably just over payload all loaded up, but not bad.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
I agree, that is not bad at all. Mine camper weighs 6,424 pounds unloaded. I had it weighed after I purchased it. I have never pulled a 5th wheel but it looks like it could be easier to get in tight spots at some of the camp sites I visit.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Please add me! We tow a recently purchased Jay Feather X213. We liked the slide out king sized bed and bunks in the front.

41 - 60 of 1299 Posts