321 - 340 of 1299 Posts

·
Registered
2,967 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sign me up for the campers club.
Will be getting started again this December.
Trailer is a 1995 3023 Trailmanor, I bought it new. Has been sitting up for 10 years.

John

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
Sign me up for the campers club.
Will be getting started again this December.
Trailer is a 1995 3023 Trailmanor, I bought it new. Has been sitting up for 10 years.

John
Trailmanor are awesome. I looked at a couple before getting our tt. They are built solid. We just couldn't find a floor plan that worked for us.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #326
We are in Michigan and want to plan a trip out east. Where are you camping in cap cod.
Well camping out this way is great, lots of places to camp.... We stay at a place called SweetWaterforest campground... it was really nice, it's in Brewster, Ma... Most of the sites are nice and separated so it feels like your in your own world even though another site was close by.... Definitely recommend and will go again...

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
See you next year....Summer

It was nice to close the Summer camping season out this past weekend. Friday AM was crisp to say the least. The furnace got a good workout...lol

DSC08459.jpg

DSC08473.jpg

DSC08464.jpg

No onto Fall camping (scheduled around Hunting...lol)!

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
What ya use for an awning light?

And pictures of the little Nuges.. :)

- Ken
I ended up trying a very inexpensive route first, and it worked great! I picked up a 3 Meter roll of the self adhesive, multi-color epoxy coated LED lighting w/controller. I simply stuck the whole roll right onto the awning roller. The light strip has a plug connector already. So, during set up I roll the awning out, run a small cord to the connector, point the IR receiver toward the camper....done. Push the power button on the remote and voila...They light up any color you can think of (including white obviously), as well as do all sorts of funky fade/shift patterns. The campground we stayed at (Woodmore) had "Halloween" on Saturday night. Everybody that stopped by for candy commented on the lights...lol

The light strip & controller was <$30 if I remember right. well worth it. And when you need good lighting it is a nice bright white too.

DSC06955.jpg

DSC06954.jpg

DSC06957.jpg

That pic is on our way out on a canoe/rowboat ride with group. The little guy on the right is my son (Patrick), the one of the left is his cousin (Travis). They are camping buds....lol

·
Registered
232 Posts
X2^^^^^

I got mine from amazon. $30. The only difference is I mounted mine under my awning facing out. Then ran the wires down the awning mount and into the camper. My storage unit has a plug, that is also where I keep the remote. I too get people asking about them all the time. I usally keep them on scroll, so they slowly change colors.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Trailmanor are awesome. I looked at a couple before getting our tt. They are built solid. We just couldn't find a floor plan that worked for us.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
It was the trailer for smaller vehicles at the time. Moved on to larger vehicles but already had the small trailer and it is paid for so it is a great combination. Easy to pull.

Got a lot of cleaning to do. 10 years of sitting empty popped up and closed down.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I ended up trying a very inexpensive route first, and it worked great! I picked up a 3 Meter roll of the self adhesive, multi-color epoxy coated LED lighting w/controller. I simply stuck the whole roll right onto the awning roller. The light strip has a plug connector already. So, during set up I roll the awning out, run a small cord to the connector, point the IR receiver toward the camper....done. Push the power button on the remote and voila...They light up any color you can think of (including white obviously), as well as do all sorts of funky fade/shift patterns. The campground we stayed at (Woodmore) had "Halloween" on Saturday night. Everybody that stopped by for candy commented on the lights...lol

The light strip & controller was <$30 if I remember right. well worth it. And when you need good lighting it is a nice bright white too.

View attachment 340105

View attachment 340113

View attachment 340121

That pic is on our way out on a canoe/rowboat ride with group. The little guy on the right is my son (Patrick), the one of the left is his cousin (Travis). They are camping buds....lol

Got a link for these lights so I can order me a set? I've been searching for a set for a while and couldn't decide. I'm digging this setup.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
1800# DRY pin weight? That doesnt concern you in the least?
Lol....likely not.
Nope

You were correct .......
A big congrats on your (and everyone else intentionally overloading) gross negligence for towing a trailer that has no business behind a 1/2 ton. And another congrats for helping to usher in another round of laws (only a matter of time) aimed at all of us who tow recreationally....you know, because doing the smart thing without a law telling you so is just too difficult :fou::rolleyes:

Heres a handy read regarding towing beyond published truck limits. Although this article is regrading bumper pulls w/WDH's, its application to 5ers is direct. Intentionally overloading the truck (Gross Negligence) will become a problem, its only a matter of time :readit:

Trailer Towing for Dummies

I know its a subject that has been beat to death, but folks are still not getting the message. In the end, it will only make things more expensive & complicated for the rest of us who tow responsibly...and thats why I'll never stop posting about it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
A big congrats on your (and everyone else intentionally overloading) gross negligence for towing a trailer that has no business behind a 1/2 ton. And another congrats for helping to usher in another round of laws (only a matter of time) aimed at all of us who tow recreationally....you know, because doing the smart thing without a law telling you so is just too difficult :fou::rolleyes:

Heres a handy read regarding towing beyond published truck limits. Although this article is regrading bumper pulls w/WDH's, its application to 5ers is direct. Intentionally overloading the truck (Gross Negligence) will become a problem, its only a matter of time :readit:

Trailer Towing for Dummies

I know its a subject that has been beat to death, but folks are still not getting the message. In the end, it will only make things more expensive & complicated for the rest of us who tow responsibly...and thats why I'll never stop posting about it.
Every man needs to have a hobby.......

·
Registered
302 Posts
It is incredible what some people will tow! Took my tt in for some warranty work and spotted a new Grand Cherokee that just dropped this toyhauler off. It looked like a toy pulling it. Incredible!!!

We towed our tt on one trip with our 4runner and decided it was unsafe especially in mountainous terrain. So now we have a Tundra to do the job. I believe in having the proper vehicle for the job.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
It is incredible what some people will tow! Took my tt in for some warranty work and spotted a new Grand Cherokee that just dropped this toyhauler off. It looked like a toy pulling it. Incredible!!!

We towed our tt on one trip with our 4runner and decided it was unsafe especially in mountainous terrain. So now we have a Tundra to do the job. I believe in having the proper vehicle for the job.

It's not incredible, it's ignorance. Unfortunately this follows the rest of society, complete disregard for everyone's safety around them...guess they all need their hand held by the government via new laws. Like I said above, it's only a matter of time.

You hit it on the head...use the right truck for the job.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hah, had the same thing happen to us.. The TT was totally within the limits of the 4Runner, but it was more of a issue of too much trailer and not enough wheel base and track and was a total white knuckle ride. With the Tundra, no issues.

bignuge said:
It's not incredible, it's ignorance. Unfortunately this follows the rest of society, complete disregard for everyone's safety around them...guess they all need their hand held by the government via new laws. Like I said above, it's only a matter of time.
Yeah, I see it all the time. The ST tires on our campers are only rated for 65mph, but I routinely see people doing 70, 75 or more towing their campers. Usually these are the same people that don't check their tire pressure and so it's a matter of time before they blow a tire from over heating it and do damage to their camper.

- Ken

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Yeah, I see it all the time. The ST tires on our campers are only rated for 65mph, but I routinely see people doing 70, 75 or more towing their campers. Usually these are the same people that don't check their tire pressure and so it's a matter of time before they blow a tire from over heating it and do damage to their camper.

- Ken

Yup, see that quite often too. I don't push the truck hard just to keep it at 65 either. This is another reason I don't understand why anyone says "I forgot it's back there" when towing a 5-6-7k+ trailer....complete BS, you damn well know it's there. And pushing it to 70+ MPH is stupidity.

I walk my HTT (check hatches/doors/windows) and check all pressures before I roll, every time. 50 PSI and she rides great!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Hah, had the same thing happen to us.. The TT was totally within the limits of the 4Runner, but it was more of a issue of too much trailer and not enough wheel base and track and was a total white knuckle ride. With the Tundra, no issues.

- Ken
Night and Day between towing with a 4runner to a Tundra. Don't tell the 4runner forum towing gurus that though. They can tow 30' tt and have to have the 8 cyl! For me it was the size of the vehicle and not the size of the engine. My 6cyl did fine.

Sounds like the typical senerio out here. Overloaded GM or Ford 3/4 ton jacked up at least 6 inches towing a huge fifth wheel toy hauler with the bed loaded down with crap. Oh, and traveling near 80 mph with the ST tires.

I try to keep it 60-65 mph. Maybe up to 70 to help make it up the next big hill. Problem is, you can all-of-a-sudden encounter a wicked crosswind through a valley or gorge. Experienced it twice and scared the hell out of me. Once doing 70 and had to slow to between 50-55 mph to keep it on the road.

BTW, I trashed the cheap chinese ST tires for some Goodyear G26 Cargo tires. What a difference!

321 - 340 of 1299 Posts