Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

301 - 320 of 1299 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Lots of recreation here on the southern Oregon coast. And several nice campgrounds. Brookings Oregon Visitor Information - Go Northwest! A Travel Guide

We have rivers, ocean, many parks, and the redwood forests are a few miles south.

So you took your TT to San Diego? I would like to do that, where did you stay?

Thanks! Sounds like a place we would like to vacation. I will check it out.

We stayed at Los Dos Picos County Park located on the north and east side of San Diego in the hills. It is located about 30-45 mins from most things. Not on the beach but a nice quiet out of the way place. Beach camping in the San Diego area is a lil expensive at $50-60 a night. We liked to hangout at Ocean Beach. Lil hard to find a parking spot, but the beach is nice located near restaurants, shops, bars, etc. There are tide pools to the south of the main beach. We had a blast!

Be ready to deal with a lot of traffic. SoCal has a lot of people.

Attachments

·
Registered
132 Posts
Killer weekend camping and racing at ECMX in Elizabeth City, NC. A Pro Motocross team (Cycletrader.com/Rock River Yamaha) came out for a ride day during Saturdays open practice. Really cool team. Snapped a few pics to share.

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'd like to join the club. 2009 Coleman Evolution 1 tent trailer.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey campers. I would like to join as well. We now have 3 weekend trips on our 2015 Keystone Passport 32ft travel trailer that has double slides in the bunk house. We love it so far. I run the Timbren over the leafs just in case but I really did not need them. Tows great.

2014 DoubleCab 4x4
Blue Ox 1000lb WDS - super quiet and smooth
2015 Keystone Passport 3290BH -Dry Weight 6300lbs.

I plan on hitting the CAT scales next weekend.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #305
Can I get in??

2010 Airstream International 23D

2012 RockWarrior with OME setup
Eaz-Lift Elite hitch
around 5500#s

In the past year we have made a trip around Lake Michigan. Stayed in the U.P. a few days. Getting ready to head to RMNP. And throw in a few local trips! PM me for any campground suggestions for those areas.

View attachment 335601 View attachment 335609
Welcome, sorry for the delay... you are #50 ...

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #306
Please let me join. If any of you guy make it to Alaska let me know, I'll buy you a beverage. I have a 1997 24' Jayco Eagle. I put my BMW Dakar in the back and there is no place I can't go.
Thanx,
Mike
Welcome from way out yonder... #51 is yours...

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #307
We have an 2014 Eclipse Evolution T225 Travel Trailer. Bought it in December last year. Used it 32 nights so far.

Yellowstone, Boise, Idaho Falls, San Diego, and a lot of local camping here in AZ. Will be heading over to Carlsbad Caverns in a few weeks. Plan on escaping the summer heat next summer to the Northwest US. Any recommendations for there are appreciated.

Will take a few better pics and post them.
Welcome, you are #52

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #308
Sign me up.. New to the forum and brand new to the TCC!!

My name is Andy .. I am from Wyoming, and love the Tundra and my camper!!
Welcome to the club... #53

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #309

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #310
Hey campers. I would like to join as well. We now have 3 weekend trips on our 2015 Keystone Passport 32ft travel trailer that has double slides in the bunk house. We love it so far. I run the Timbren over the leafs just in case but I really did not need them. Tows great.

2014 DoubleCab 4x4
Blue Ox 1000lb WDS - super quiet and smooth
2015 Keystone Passport 3290BH -Dry Weight 6300lbs.

I plan on hitting the CAT scales next weekend.

Welcome aboard.. you got #55

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #311
LOL I'm away for a few days and the place blows up lol...

So I've added the new members that I have seen, BUT PLEASE if you don't see your name on the list in the first post let me know and I will add you in asap.... Glad to see all of you here, looks like this year is winding down but hopefully next year we can try and get a group trip... for myself so far I have a trip to Cape Cod planned for this weekend and a trip to Conn. coming next month...

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
I'm headed to Rindge tomorrow AM for the weekend. Getting ready for a brisk couple of mornings!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Anyone camped in lexington va? looking to only do a tent overnight next fri. there is a koa in natural bridge im looking at

If you go to the Natural Bridges KOA, let me know how it is. Planning on stopping there on the way down to TN next year.

·
Registered
406 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Wife and I just returned from a 2065 mile round trip to Missouri from the DC area pulling our trailer. We stopped in Elizabethtown, KY on the way out and Grayson, KY on the way home. the Tundra pulled like a champ up the 7% grades. We did not pass too many gas stations though,lol, at one point the instant mpg read 2.7 for about 5 minutes. Averaged 8.5mpg over the whole trip. My goodness gas is expensive in WV, KY and IL. VA and MO were right at 3.00 a gallon, the other states were in the 3.50 neighborhood, what is that all about?

Only issue we had was a WDH spring bar popping loose when we pulled into a steep gas station entrance in the middle of nowhere, MO. It was loud, very loud and scared the crap out of the other two gas station patrons and me.

Just changed the oil a month ago and already need to again after that trip.

Would not hesitate to make the trip again.

Joel

·
Registered
19 Posts
Found a good deal on this fifth wheel...my concern is the overall weight and the hitch weight. Can I tow this comfortably with my 08 CM?

2010 Forest River Wildwood Heritage Glen 316TBRD Trailer : Reviews, Prices and Specs : RV Guide
Sure it can handle it, but you will be way over your payload capacity with that hitch weight. The dry weight is real close to your max tow capacity. When you add all your stuff you will be over weight for sure. With that said, there are others here pulling similar rigs with no problems.

I wouldn't do it.

If you can find one, this would fit your needs and not end you up in a civil court case.
Camplite 30rls 5th Wheel Overview | Livin' Lite RV

·
Registered
302 Posts
Found a good deal on this fifth wheel...my concern is the overall weight and the hitch weight. Can I tow this comfortably with my 08 CM?

2010 Forest River Wildwood Heritage Glen 316TBRD Trailer : Reviews, Prices and Specs : RV Guide
I don't think I would do that either. I am not an expert on towing 5th wheels with the Tundra, but you are exceeding too many of the trucks limitations. It appears to be too big and heavy. I would think about a 3/4 or 1 ton truck for that or just a smaller and lighter 5th wheel. That is my $.02 worth.

Also, if you are going to tow something heavier, you need to consider sway bars, helper springs, heavy duty shocks, LT tires, airbags, etc.

301 - 320 of 1299 Posts