Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1299 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Calling all Campers !!

As I browse around Tundra Talk I see a lot of guys/gals with pics of there Tundra w/camper's... So if you enjoy camping of any kind wether it's tent, trailer, or RV come join us... It's a great place to Trade tips and talk trips both future and past!

All you need is a love for camping....Join the club

- We ask that you put your member number and stamp in your signature to help promote our club.

"Tundra Campers Club"

#1-Gossemer75 / Middleboro, Ma
#2- BigNuge / Seabrook NH
#3- 3TunToy
#4- danorox
#5- Daze823 / Plantation, FL
#6- fig1mc
#7- firerescue4 / Pocono Lake Pa
#8- Gr8shot
#9- schoolcb
#10- MotoPilot25
#11- biebs96
#12- afermedic
#13- Slate Crewmax
#14- J.Kempster / Louisville, KY
#15- Koditten
#16- Taco'sNTundra's
#17- tnjallen
#18- fireftr27 / Muskego, WI
#19- Juju2258
#20- fiveorover / High Point, NC
#21- markbrit
#22- Kpratte
#23- N2deep
#24- Nick13
#25- atl1glf
#26- C4CarpetCare
#27- Verger
#28- jjsav / Hudson Valley, NY
#29-Goliathdog / Delaware
#30- upgrayedd
#31- Wyo700
#32- Bigg Daddy
#33- 33Army
#34- awellis3
#35- Ditchhooker
#36- chd dad
#37- Bry_Guy
#38- MrSelfdizstruct
#39- Canadianboy
#40- Tow-Yoda
#41- tacog
#42- Ruperttug
#43- travbz24
#44- Black toyo
#45- wsw08
#46- whoop90
#47- Bardeenm1
#48- VAXB
#49- axonjaxon77
#50- bel73
#51- Aufevermike
#52- Daka320
#53- Ahanson82520
#54- jayhawkerr
#55- teamtlr
#56-cranstonez
#57-skychief
#58-dannybud14
#59-Tatted
#60-James9829
#61-mhutch30
#62-arsonhntr
#63-swimgreg
#64-choobaker
#65-Vulcan1600
#66-2toys
#67-amo292
#68-kmagee
#69-txbonds
#70-ng0m
#71-salomon
#72-safety77
#73-15 Limited
#74-mjroth33
#75-papasmurf
#76-BigK
#77-dpeach
#78-G Tundra
#79- mitch4ging
#80- TinHut66
#81- Sorinad
#82- tibadoe
#83- mgmt5500
#84- Sabreone
#85- Abel Sneed
#86- jpeterson
#87-Misawagator
#88-Rican Tundra
#89-mcook
#90-Pandundra
#91-swimgreg
#92-spepi
#93-equin
#94-gdhugh
#95-GLOCKAMOLE
#96-benboosted
#97-Duke_26

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
following because im interested in a camper but dont have one

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
following because im interested in a camper but dont have one
Thanks for checking it out, as the club grows I'm sure there will be a lot of great info for ya... As time goes on feel free to post up any question's or thoughts you have..

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

·
Registered
173 Posts
Making a camper out of my new Tundra as we speak. Keep an eye on my build thread to see how it comes out. Not sure if this counts enough to be part of the Campers Club. If so count me in!

·
Registered
84 Posts
[/URL][/IMG]

I have this camper on order. Supposed to be built this week. A 2015 Jayco X18d Hybrid

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
***Tundra Campers Club***

You know I'm in!!

I'll add this to my sig when I get in front of my computer.

ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1406201283.757100.jpg ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1406201419.472541.jpg

Coachmen 23TQX Hybrid

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Count me in... We use a pop-up, mostly 2 - 4 night trips.... I find storage space being the most difficult part of using a Pop-up vs TT... Some things I've done to help is I got a small bathroom stand alone shelf, that I can put behind the sink to keep toiletries and other small odds and ends, and a snap together plastic 4 shelf system from Home Depot that I put outside of the trailer to hold stuff...

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'm on board with this club! I've got a 28ft Prime Time Avenger... had it since April and love it. I'm new to towing...I suck ass at backing it up but, I'm told practice..practice...practice...I have and I choose to use pull throughs!!!

Got a big trip witht the camper in December... going to Disney...if any of you have any insight, guidance, advice on the campgrounds at Disney...please hit me up.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
Count me in. Going out this weekend! We have a Grey Wolf 26bh and love it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Attachments

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
[/URL][/IMG]

I have this camper on order. Supposed to be built this week. A 2015 Jayco X18d Hybrid

That looks like a 21' HTT, but that model number indicates 18'. Is there another bed in the rear? If so, that's a hell of a package in a 18' HTT!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Count me in. We have a Jayco Qwest 298N with a super slide out.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Count me in, love to camp! We tent camp for now, but eventually I will buy and pull a trailer. We just did a camping trip at Black Canyon of the Gunnison early July, our first road trip in the new truck, had a blast.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
I'm on board with this club! I've got a 28ft Prime Time Avenger... had it since April and love it. I'm new to towing...I suck ass at backing it up but, I'm told practice..practice...practice...I have and I choose to use pull throughs!!!

Got a big trip witht the camper in December... going to Disney...if any of you have any insight, guidance, advice on the campgrounds at Disney...please hit me up.
I am a Disney aficionado if you want any suggestions... I'm about 3 hrs away, have been at least 100 times, and have stayed at Fort Wilderness 3 times... How long are you staying? Going to parks? Any kids, if so what age?

·
Registered
71 Posts
I am a Disney aficionado if you want any suggestions... I'm about 3 hrs away, have been at least 100 times, and have stayed at Fort Wilderness 3 times... How long are you staying? Going to parks? Any kids, if so what age?
We're gonna be staying for 8 days...got the park hopper passes all set..got 2 little girls aged 9 and 3 (who don't know we're going yet..it's gonna be the Christmas suprise).

It's soooo much cheaper staying there with a camper instead of one of the resorts...I swear we're probably saving 3 grand with Ft Wilderness. I've never been to Disney, wife has been...this is an all new adventure for me...I'm not sure the Marine Corps prepared me for this.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
We're gonna be staying for 8 days...got the park hopper passes all set..got 2 little girls aged 9 and 3 (who don't know we're going yet..it's gonna be the Christmas suprise).

It's soooo much cheaper staying there with a camper instead of one of the resorts...I swear we're probably saving 3 grand with Ft Wilderness. I've never been to Disney, wife has been...this is an all new adventure for me...I'm not sure the Marine Corps prepared me for this.

I'm 1 or 2 years away from my first "family" trip to Disney. I'm going to need to be sedated to help with the absolute insanity of the crowds of psycho parents....never mind the thousands of sugared up kids!!!

Good luck!!

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'm 1 or 2 years away from my first "family" trip to Disney. I'm going to need to be sedated to help with the absolute insanity of the crowds of psycho parents....never mind the thousands of sugared up kids!!!

Good luck!!

We did alot of research regarding when to go when it's least crowded...we're going from the 13 Dec to 20 Dec...right before the Christmas rush...from what we've read, the timeframe we picked is the calm before the storm!

I hope we chose wisely...if not, you'll hear about a former Marine losing his mind in the Magic Kingdom on the it's a small world ride!!!!

·
Registered
132 Posts
I'd definitely fall in the camping (or glamping) category. We pretty much go out at least once every month - sometimes as much as three times a month. Our most recent trip was to Natural Bridge, VA last weekend for Pirates weekend at Jellystone Park. In two weeks we'll be headed to Lake Gaston for jetski's and a little moto. The photo's are from two different trips.

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
That looks like a 21' HTT, but that model number indicates 18'. Is there another bed in the rear? If so, that's a hell of a package in a 18' HTT!

Yep, a rear bed and a bed on the side too. With the sofa and the dinette/bed conversion it will sleep 9! Can't wait for it to get here. We sold our Jayco pop up on Craigslist in a day and a half so we've been camperless for a month and it's driving us crazy!

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'd definitely fall in the camping (or glamping) category. We pretty much go out at least once every month - sometimes as much as three times a month. Our most recent trip was to Natural Bridge, VA last weekend for Pirates weekend at Jellystone Park. In two weeks we'll be headed to Lake Gaston for jetski's and a little moto. The photo's are from two different trips.
Hey man...how are those Jellystone places? We're looking to plan a trip out to Natural Bridge.

1 - 20 of 1299 Posts