Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just joined and also just purchased a 2020 Tundra. I have a question on the brake controller. I know you are supposed to set for your type of brakes. When I go to setup and vehicle type I believe I am to push the center button to change brake types. I push it and I don’t see any type of brakes listed. Also when I go to the screen that shows the brake controller gain setting and output I don’t set a type of brakes listed as it shows in the video I watched. Do i Need a trailer connect before I can do the setup? Nothing in owners manual mentions that a trailer need to be connect before you can do the setup. Thanks for any help in advance.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I looked at travel trailers this morning. They let me hook up to a trailer to see if I could select brake type. That’s all I needed was to be connected to a trailer. Would be nice if owners manual said to do setup you must be conned to a trailer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
That would be nice. I just adjust gain once connected and depending on the weight. Every trailer will require a different gain depending on their setup.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts