Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had to go to a job in Webster County, WV and had to travel a 3 mile lease road to the rigsite. The company drilling the well is not a very rich one so they of course, didn't put down rock on the bulldozed path. This meant a 3 mile haul through plenty of mud since it has rained a lot in the past weeks. I was impressed with the handling and reaction of the truck on every level. Once I got a few miles down the road I started looking for the rig lights. At night, that is usually the only way to find the rig. I saw a 45 degree ramp in front of me and was leary about going up it so I got out of the truck and looked. I could finally see the rig lights, they seemed to be a quarter mile up this 45 degree road.

I felt that this was the first true test of the truck and proceeded to climb. No slips, slides, or sluggish performance from the truck. It climbed beautifully and acted like it was meant to be there. Right up to the point that I crested to the plateu and found, by accident, that someone had dug a 12" drainage ditch to clear water from the site. The sudden bounce was more than enough to achieve a "Whiskey Tango Foxtrot was that!!!1!!" from my normally reserved nature. I pulled up to the rig and got out of the truck. My skid plate had mud covering it but I wanted to check for damage. I had one of the rig hands grab a hi press. washer and cleaned the plate. Not a scratch anywhere on the truck. Thank God. I bought my BF 305-65-18's and Toytec Lift. Now I am about to go get the lift installed. Should be a couple weeks.

This truck is exceeding any expectaion you can put on them IMHO.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
You didnt happen to take any pics

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Only had my camera phone and it wouldn't have shown much but blackness.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.