Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if this video has been shown, but is this possible? I understand it fluctuates so it's not his true overall AVG MPG, but more AVG MPG driving at the moment. Anyone care to discuss this in further detail?

Sorry about the link but I don't know how to import a youtube vid.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nevermind, get it automatically puts the vid up...plus he dropped 5MPH...I can get 99.9 MPG when I'm going downhill off the gas too, maybe I should make a video about it.

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Jack wagon.

Notice he is careful never to let the camera show the outside terrain.

·
Registered
715 Posts
i get 99.9 when im going down hill and im just coasting

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
The rpm is almost at idle. Must be in neutral.

·
Registered
5,128 Posts
If I am coasting, it is a downhill grade, and I tap the brakes to trigger a downshift for some engine braking, it triggers a quick spike in MPG. And then I come to a stop and it goes to zero. Then I accelerate from a stop and it works its way up through the low single digits.

I can make my instantaneous display do that whenever I want but I'm still going to be in the low teens when the tank is finished. The only way it would not be the case is if I could replicate the conditions that get me 44 mpg continuously without a break for the entirety of one tank of gas.

·
Banned
1,853 Posts
Exactly. ..that's why the video was a total douchebag move. He coasted down a hill, got his avg mpg to get up to 44, then posted it, as if trying to convince people that his tundra is 1 in a million, and can achieve 44mpg :rolleyes: Dude is just a focktard, end of story.

If he can get 1154 miles on a tank of gas, then I'd say he did something....but, I doubt there is a stretch that long, that's all down hill. And if there was, he should be able to just turn his truck off and coast, save even more fuel :lol:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
^^^^ These comments are why I enjoy this site!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts