Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,283 Posts
Tss is a dress up package and doesn't have TRD Offroad suspension. It has a non TRD suspension under it.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
TSS has 20" wheels and standard black shocks. TRD has 18" wheels and low end Bilsteins. That's about it besides bed side decals and floor mats. I originally bought a black 14 Limited CM TRD but I end up hating the color so I traded it for a 14 Ribbon Blue SR5 CM. The ride basically feels the same to me. The TRD shocks are nothing special in my book.

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
If you are somewhat like me (who doesn't do any serious off roading, but would like some protection in case you do), TRD Off-Road package will serve you well. The shocks are definitely better suited for off road than non-TRD ones. Of course, they are not as good as TRD Pro suspension, but the price is not as high either.

I originally was not planning to change out the TRD suspension and TRD wheels (I liked both of them). Then I really began to like the Bushwacker pocket style fender flares. So I needed to get wheels and tires to match them. And in order to get beefy tires, I got OME 614 suspension. But TRD Off-Road package served me well for a few years (at least that's the story I keep telling myself, haha).

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
the only thing that i wouldn't have changed, and i do kinda like, is the TRD skid plate, i hear from people on here that its beefier, and its got an oil filter removal opening. but i can order that from trdsparks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow.. so that's it huh, basically just the suspension...

This is my first truck and I dont know how all this parts work just yet. But im learning little by little. Lol

·
Registered
225 Posts
@Spankdog Didn't realize you were so close. I'm in Youngsville. I'd love to hear that BAMuffler one day!

As far as the suspension, they definitely don't feel very different on the road. I drove both when I was shopping. I liked the TSS package but came close to the TRD. The TSS had a better rebate so it won for me. I'm planning on a set of 5100s eventually anyway.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts