Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been looking at tires for weeks now and trying to decide if I would need to go the route others have and buy new rims to get a wider tire to fit. Some say a 305 55r 20 tire will fit and some say it wont. Well, Im here to tell you definitively that it will fit. Up until today, I have not seen one of our trucks with this tire, rim and a lift. I spotted it off the highway and had to stop to get pictures. I got soaked doing it too!

The TSS rim and Texas edition rims are +50 offset. I verified this from looking at the stamped metal on the back of my rim.

This truck below is at a dealership and not mine. It has a 4 inch readylift and 305 55 20 Nitto M/T's.

I was almost ready to sell the rims, but they look perfect with the tires and lift, perfectly flush with the body. Obviously with the lift you can see the readylift uca's, so Im sure that helps with the fit. I was just so damn excited to see this truck. I love the rims and did not want to sell them. Hopefully this will help you guys with +50 rims.

Sorry about the rainy pic. Just proof of the tire size.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was running a 325/60/18 on a stock TRD rim which is +60 offset with a 3" lift with no issues. I will tell u that the uca doesn't have much to do with the fit of the tire, cause when I put on uca's my tires didn't fit anymore.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I wonder what the actual specs of your tire are. The nitto's are 33.39x12.6

I've never looked at two different uca's side by side. So aftermarkets vary in size?

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I've seen a few guys getting rid of this rim because they wanted wider tires. I just figured the pics and info would help when deciding. I googled it every which way from Sunday and couldn't find a definitive answer with pics, so here it is. It's difficult to make a decision when one guy is saying yes and the other is saying no.

·
Banned
5,396 Posts
Well I've seen a few guys getting rid of this rim because they wanted wider tires. I just figured the pics and info would help when deciding. I googled it every which way from Sunday and couldn't find a definitive answer with pics, so here it is. It's difficult to make a decision when one guy is saying yes and the other is saying no.
Understand completely, I think there is a wheel and tire thread but by u making a thread of its own should pop up on Google now. U can probably go a little wider with stock uca's

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Damn. I like those way better than my '14 TRD wheels. lol

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
I was running a 325/60/18 on a stock TRD rim which is +60 offset with a 3" lift with no issues. I will tell u that the uca doesn't have much to do with the fit of the tire, cause when I put on uca's my tires didn't fit anymore.

There is no way I believe that, unless you are wrong on the offset, or Toyota's quality is so far off and each truck is different. I was running 295/55/20's on my '14 and it was rubbing.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
There is no way I believe that, unless you are wrong on the offset, or Toyota's quality is so far off and each truck is different. I was running 295/55/20's on my '14 and it was rubbing.
That's pretty weird because your tire specs out at 11.6" wide and there is a guy with a 14 CM TRD 4X4 that's running 305/65R 18s which spec out at 12.1 inches wide and he isn't rubbing. And the TRD wheels are DEFINITELY +60mm offset. Not to mention one of the most common tire size people are running with a 3/1 lift is 295/70s and those spec at 11.6 just like yours and none of them are rubbing the stock UCA either. So I would say something funky is going on if you were rubbing.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the variable isn't Toyotas quality. It is the style and brand of tire. you were one of the guys that said they had problems. I would love to know why. what rim and tire do you have now?

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
That's pretty weird because your tire specs out at 11.6" wide and there is a guy with a 14 CM TRD 4X4 that's running 305/65R 18s which spec out at 12.1 inches wide and he isn't rubbing. And the TRD wheels are DEFINITELY +60mm offset. Not to mention one of the most common tire size people are running with a 3/1 lift is 295/70s and those spec at 11.6 just like yours and none of them are rubbing the stock UCA either. So I would say something funky is going on if you were rubbing.
Tires speck out at 12.2, not 11.6. See Toyo's website. Wheels on before were +60. There isn't anything funky going on. Truck is straight as an arrow.

the variable isn't Toyotas quality. It is the style and brand of tire. you were one of the guys that said they had problems. I would love to know why. what rim and tire do you have now?
Running BMF Novakane's with a +25 offset now. Same tire as before on the stock wheels, Toyo AT II Extreme's 295/55/20. It was even worse when I had 305/55/20 Duratrac's on the stock wheels.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Tires speck out at 12.2, not 11.6. See Toyo's website. Wheels on before were +60. There isn't anything funky going on. Truck is straight as an arrow.

Running BMF Novakane's with a +25 offset now. Same tire as before on the stock wheels, Toyo AT II Extreme's 295/55/20. It was even worse when I had 305/55/20 Duratrac's on the stock wheels.
Ok. Don't know what to tell you. I know for a fact that people are running tires that wide on a +60mm wheel. Check out the first post. That wheel is +60mm

http://www.tundratalk.net/forums/tundra-suspension-talk/187482-lifted-2014-tundras.html

And I looked it up on the BFG website. That tire measures 12.2 wide just like yours. Im not sure why your Toyos measure wider than other 295/55/20s but this is where I got the spec I posted.

Tire Size Converter | Metric to Inch Tire Size Calculator

In any case, your situation seems rare rather than the norm.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts