Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy, I have a 2014 Tundra SR5 4x4 5.7. I was having issues with the truck not starting or slow to start. I had a mechanic put it on the reader and he stated nothing was registering and if it happened again that the starter would need to be replaced. My truck has approx. 75k miles. I had mechanic replace the starter and three days later it would not start.

Thinking it may be the battery, had it tested and the battery was not holding a charge...so new battery, it was still under warranty. Replaced battery and still no crank no start.

Towed it back to mechanic and two hours later he said it was the starter relay. He replaced it and the truck started...no problems, until three days later....it happened again.

No crank no start!!! I have replaced the starter, battery and fuse relay. When i try to start the truck I hear a click and the fuel pump kick on.

If anyone has anymore suggestions, I am all ears. Frustrated beyond belief!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Need to beCome a car electrician. . .

When symptoms start:
  • use a jumper wire to jump the starter solenoid control wire from the primary wire at the starter. If it cranks, then there is wiring/relay etc problem
  • use a FSM electrical diagram to trace and test each component back to the battery.
  • primary wire
  • control wire
  • relay
  • security
  • control ground
  • ignition.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts