Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Not enough questions!!!! That interview was like your girl fondling your man hood then right before it leads to more she stops! :eek:

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
When "factory executives" grant an interview to a magazine it is for marketing purposes only. The subjects for discussion are limited to what the vendor (in this case Toyota) wants to talk about.
The fact that other questions were not asked means that Toyota didn't want to talk about them.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
When "factory executives" grant an interview to a magazine it is for marketing purposes only. The subjects for discussion are limited to what the vendor (in this case Toyota) wants to talk about.
The fact that other questions were not asked means that Toyota didn't want to talk about them.
Maybe. I did think as well that it was way too short. Part of the reason could be like you said, the other could be there magazine format which has limited room.

Does anybody else want to know what Sweers was bitching about so much that they promoted him? Boy, I do!

Tim

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
1,942 Posts
Maybe. I did think as well that it was way too short. Part of the reason could be like you said, the other could be there magazine format which has limited room.

Does anybody else want to know what Sweers was bitching about so much that they promoted him? Boy, I do!

Tim

You'd think he only had stuff to bitch about prior to the Gen 2. If I read it right, though, he wasn't promoted until 2010?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You'd think he only had stuff to bitch about prior to the Gen 2. If I read it right, though, he wasn't promoted until 2010?

I'd be inclined to think he bitched about Gen 2 and Gen 1 a LOT. I mean, Gen 2 came out in 2006 at the Chicago Show. So, development was probably ongoing from 2003 or so. That means he had 7 years+ to bitch until he was promoted.

-Tim

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
He should have been asked if there's an 8spd auto in the near future.
Toyota Execs won't answer those questions. Here let share the company line since I have heard it so, so many times. :mad:

"Toyota does not reveal future vehicle plans. With that said, we are always trying to meet our customers requests for new and exciting offerings.”

-Tim

·
Registered
341 Posts
I like the emphasis on reliability and quality. That'll work every time.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts