Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 Tundra with 50K miles, stock height with stock tires (about 3K miles on them). My truck has been pulling pretty decently to the left. I knew my wheels were out of alignment so I had them aligned at Toyota and had a nail pulled from my front left tire. Figured that would fix it, but still pulls. Toyota rechecked alignment and it's perfect. Anything else I should have them look at- ball joints, steering component, etc.? It does seem to be worse in the cold months.
Thx

·
Registered
31 Posts
Swap your front tires left to right and vise versa. See if the pull goes the other way. My bet is a bad tire and you may have to have it warrantied. With only three thousand miles, you should be able to warranty it. If you had the issue before the tires were replaced then you need to look at toe settings. Did the the dealer find anything with the toe when they did the alignment? Part of an alignment is to check to make sure all steering components are in good shape. Impossible to align something with worn parts.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Swap your front tires left to right and vise versa. See if the pull goes the other way. My bet is a bad tire and you may have to have it warrantied. With only three thousand miles, you should be able to warranty it. If you had the issue before the tires were replaced then you need to look at toe settings. Did the the dealer find anything with the toe when they did the alignment? Part of an alignment is to check to make sure all steering components are in good shape. Impossible to align something with worn parts.

Thx! Will swap tires and see if any difference. Dealer didn't mention any issues with toe.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Had the same problem with my 2013 that I bought used last month. Did a full maintenance work over including trying to fix the pull to the right. Did the tire swap and it pulled to the right. Checked out the tire, it's well worn I have outside poetically due to the PO.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a 2015 Tundra with 50K miles, stock height with stock tires (about 3K miles on them). My truck has been pulling pretty decently to the left. I knew my wheels were out of alignment so I had them aligned at Toyota and had a nail pulled from my front left tire. Figured that would fix it, but still pulls. Toyota rechecked alignment and it's perfect. Anything else I should have them look at- ball joints, steering component, etc.? It does seem to be worse in the cold months.
Thx
Brake drags on that side

·
Registered
2015 TOYOTA TUNDRA LIMITED CREWMAX
1 Posts
I have a 2015 Tundra with 50K miles, stock height with stock tires (about 3K miles on them). My truck has been pulling pretty decently to the left. I knew my wheels were out of alignment so I had them aligned at Toyota and had a nail pulled from my front left tire. Figured that would fix it, but still pulls. Toyota rechecked alignment and it's perfect. Anything else I should have them look at- ball joints, steering component, etc.? It does seem to be worse in your 2015
Brake drags on that side
Thx
My 2015 tundra limited was doing same thing. Pulling to the right. It was brake calipers.. once I replaced all new from stop tech.. havent had an issues . Rides smooth

·
Registered
31 Posts
My 2015 tundra limited was doing same thing. Pulling to the right. It was brake calipers.. once I replaced all new from stop tech.. havent had an issues . Rides smooth
That is something that is easily diagnosed. Temp gun to the rotor without using the brakes to stop will determine if a brake is dragging.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the feedback. I'll start with swapping front tires, then fronts to rear. Normally a hanging caliper will make the wheel pretty hot to the touch. I'll check that then pull the caliper off to make sure inner pad isn't frozen.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts