Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I went into my local dealer they said "we can only order Flex Fuel in this region".
I want a 1794 with sunroof and TRD exhaust in Smoked Mesquite - Non Flex Fuel.
Then they low balled my trade in. Offered 12k. At this point I walked out the door.
Three other dealers (2 Chevy and one Toyota) offered 15k.
The general manager came out to bring me my key and said that price was negotiable.
And he was trying to get in touch with his rep to see what they could about the F/F problem.
Now it's a wait and see game. Time is on my side.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Gulf states Toyota only gets FFV. 5 states I can't remember them all wife does she sells them. Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, and 2 other surrounding states. They do not have access to a non FFV. Don't let them pull your leg and tell you they do

·
Registered
91 Posts
Is there a particular reason you not want a Flex Fuel Tundra? My Tundra is a FFV even though I would never put this fuel (E85) in my truck unless I had not choice. From what I think, the only difference with the FF one is Toyota states to change oil every 5K vs 10K for the non FFV. My wife has a 16 Limited Sequoia Non FFV.

·
Premium Member
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is there a particular reason you not want a Flex Fuel Tundra? My Tundra is a FFV even though I would never put this fuel (E85) in my truck unless I had not choice. From what I think, the only difference with the FF one is Toyota states to change oil every 5K vs 10K for the non FFV. My wife has a 16 Limited Sequoia Non FFV.
There's no way I'll ever burn e85 so why should I be forced to buy a FFV truck?
My money, should be my choice. By that I mean it WILL be my choice.
If I have to travel to purchase a new Tundra, so be it.

·
Registered
91 Posts
There's no way I'll ever burn e85 so why should I be forced to buy a FFV truck?
My money, should be my choice. By that I mean it WILL be my choice.
If I have to travel to purchase a new Tundra, so be it.
From what I know and I could be wrong, there is NO price difference between the FFV and non FFV. So based on this, I do not see what the big issue is but to each is own.

·
Premium Member
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'd blame the gov for mandating flex fuel before I blame Toyota.
Not blaming anyone in particular.
As long as there are options I should be able to spend my money on whatever I choose.
My local dealer should be able to trade with another dealer to get what I want.
They do it all the time to get color and option choices.
On the other hand, if they think they are getting my Tundra as a trade-in for 12k
they are Nucking Futts.

·
Premium Member
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sounds like someone already has a salty taste in their mouth. If I were you I'd find a new dealer. Where are you located?
I live in Grand Rapids MI. There are 2 dealers in town and another 2 close enough to purchase from.
Funny thing is I want to buy from them. They are about two blocks from where I live.
This is where I get all my service done. And will continue to use them no matter who I buy from.
I used to work there (30 years ago) as an engine mechanic.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
My local dealer should be able to trade with another dealer to get what I want.
They can't trade for non flex though.

The FFV engine is fine really. Just has some features to deal will E85 if present. Whether you buy FFV or not you still pay for it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
The dealer is full of BS or just doesn't know what they are doing.

Go to the Toyota site, put in your zip code, and build a truck. It should let you select between non and FFV.

I put in a Grand Rapids zip and it worked for me.

Attachments

·
Registered
14,226 Posts
In Mi, we are stuck with Flex now.

The showing of non flex is a glitch. Unless something has changed.

Let them see if they can get it I guess, but in all likelihood, it is a nah.

·
Premium Member
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The dealer is full of BS or just doesn't know what they are doing.

Go to the Toyota site, put in your zip code, and build a truck. It should let you select between non and FFV.

I put in a Grand Rapids zip and it worked for me.
Yes I've done the same thing and have now requested a quote from another dealer.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
You're probably going to have to get out of your Toyota Region to get one. I know the mid-Atlantic region can't get Flex Fuel, we only get non-flex. Your dealer can trade colors, etc. with anther dealer. They can't/won't trade with a dealer in VA when you're in MI. You're going to have to travel to buy. Go to CarMax and see what they give you for trade. Trade it in there, then fly to mid-atlantic region (va, md, pa?, wv?) and buy your new one that's non-flex. Only way it's going to happen for you.

Reactions: Powertechn2

·
Premium Member
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for that info. I'm leaving the house right now to go talk with another dealer.
This guy also owns the Harley dealership that I bought my bike from.
I think I will get a straight answer from him.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Don't the flex fuel models give the superchargers an issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You couldn't SC the FFV with the TRD SC. TRD SC is now gone and I believe the aftermarket solution, Magnusun with a BullyDog actually works better for the FFV than the non-FFV because it was designed to be a SC solution to FFV when TRD wouldn't support the FFV. I heard problems with the tune for the non-FFV from the aftermarket solution, which is now the only SC solution.

Reactions: jhl1963
1 - 20 of 91 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.