Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been wanting to post a build log for sometime, but I finally have time to get it posted. I love looking at other people's rides and getting ideas.

I previously owned a 2WD 04 Tundra. It had three inch Icon lift and many other mods to it too. I loved it, but I wanted 4WD.

Attachments

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I then sold it and bought a 15 TRD Pro 4Runner. I liked this too, but a lack of horsepower and interior room was not cutting it. I wish I had the funds to have kept it.

Nothing special to this. Installed clear bra, tint, custom fab'd steps and Weatertech liners. I was going to go all out and get a Gobi rack and install enough light bars to land planes.

But I went to SEMA last year and felt the bug to go back to a Tundra.

Attachments

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ordered by TRD Pro from Findlay Toyota. No mark up on the price, but I had to pay sticker. I ordered it in white with the factory spray in liner. I ordered it the first week of November of 2015. I sold the 4Runner fairly quick. The same day I sold it my phone was blowing up with other offers.

I then played the waiting game for two and a half months.

First day I got it.

Attachments

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
While I was waiting and enjoying not having a vehicle payment, I stocked up on some parts I knew I wanted. Luckily I bought most of this stuff around Christmas and was able to get some good deals and free shipping. I also asked for some of this stuff as Christmas presents.

Here is what I had waiting: Pace Edwards Jack Rabbit w/explorer rails, Console Vault (local company, had to support them!), LED interior conversion, ESP rear seat storage, color matched door handles, Husky floor liners, TRD air filter, Weather Tech window visors.

Attachments

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry, forgot to mention the cool vinyl lettering kit I also bought. My wife installed the lettering and she did about 80% of the work installing the bed cover!

Attachments

Reactions: Pandra

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I really don't understand why Toyota got rid of the driver side A-pillar handle. And plus, with is with having a separate AM/FM antenna? My 4Runner did not have one.

Oh yeah, the cheapness on the interior really ticks me off. No power passenger side seat, no heated front seats and even a lack of a lighted ring around the ignition switch! Hell, my 04 Tundra at least had that.

So I added the stubby antenna, driver seat grab handle, bed lights and I had a local car wrap shop install white lettering on the Toyota logo.

Attachments

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Next up on the list was the rear sway bar. This thing handled like crap before I installed this. What a huge difference this made!

I also installed the N-Fab light bar. A little tough to do, but I would like to thank Desert Dawg for his input! The light bar is from a company called 50 Caliber racing. They are a local company too and their light bars are reasonable in price too.

I would love a Rigid light bar, but I would rather spend that kind of money on guns instead!

Attachments

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I took it off-roading last week. I was following my friend in front of me and ended up getting a nice rock chip on the windshield. It was filled in, but after I get back from Moab in two weeks, I am getting it replaced.

I guess it's better to hit the glass than the sheet metal!

Attachments

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My buddy is fab'n up my steps/sliders. I will post more once they are powder coated and installed. I also posted a pic of the ones he made for my 4Runner.

Attachments

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Forgot to mention I added the BFG KO2's and 15% tint along with Air Blue on the windshield. It is a clear film that helps reduce UV rays from hitting the interior.

I also just bought a set of Superbright LED's for the grille too. Hope to get this done soon too. I am saving up my money to get a conversion kit done on the crappy headlights. I am on the fence about getting the Rigid foglight conversion kit too.

Attachments

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Love the garage floor ;)
Love the Vette. I owned two GT500's in between the Tundra and 4Runner. I can't wait to get back into a fast ride again. I am hoping to be back into one in about two years or so.

What flooring do you have? I have Swisstrax. It's nice, but next time I will go with the solid flooring, not the ribbed ones that are exposed to the floor.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I used Racedeck for the floor. Same idea as Swisstrax but I like the colors and finishes better. I'd probably do it again as I much prefer the look to any of the other offerings.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I recently added the LED Raptor style lights. My buddy who did the install did a really clean job. Looks factory underneath the hood.

I picked up my side steps/sliders from the powder coating company. Looks great and will hopefully get them installed soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Last month the wife and I took a seven day trip to see the Mighty 5 in Utah, along with other stops in between.

We first stopped a Cathedral Gorge State Park in Nevada followed by Great Basin National Park the next day. We then went to Moab, Arches, Canyonlands, Monument Valley, Natural Bridges National Park, Capitol Reef, Bryce and then Zion.

We had a ton of fun and plan on going back to Moab next year.

Attachments

Reactions: Integrated

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I mounted a Pro Eagle aluminum jack and the handles in the bed. I used Quick Fist clamps to mount the handles.

Attachments

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Added the bronze Method NV's with 315/70 BFG KO2's. They feel heavy, but I am loving the bronze look. Black wheels are getting old to me.

Attachments

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1 - 20 of 53 Posts