Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,869 Posts
Some of both. In town, highway and dirtroads/trails. 80/20 for on road/off road.

Even the off road is mostly dirt roads.
For that type of off roading the sway bar should be good for you. If you ever do serious off roading then you will find it to hamper your ability a bit since it iwll limit independent articulation but it does not sound like that is an issue for you. I even removed the front sway bar. I don't have one so I cannot speak to it but everyone seems to agree that the rear sway bar does exactly what it should do...helps with cornering.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Serious off road at this point is a no. I will try my normal driving without and go from there. It is just nice to know that it does work as advertised. Thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
473 Posts
Get it. You will be happy you did. I had mine installed before I drove my '13 off the lot

Reactions: Mr. Creosote

·
Registered
315 Posts
I have a 2011 Double Cab with tow package and I just bought a TRD Rear sway bar. The difference is definately noticeable with it installed than without it. I installed it in about 30 Min taking my sweet time. I tried it with the standard Toyota rear shocks and with the TRD Bilstien shocks. Even with just the standard shock setup+sway bar is improvement but it is even better with the Bilstiens. I recomend getting it...

·
Registered
315 Posts
Awesome man, thanks for the great input!! gonna make that next move. Why did you upgrade to the Bilstiens?
The bilstiens come with the swaybar kit. They have a stiffer compression rate and give the truck better contol and less body roll with the combined sway bar. I just tried both to see how big of a difference there were between stock (no swaybar), stock + swaybar no shocks, and upgraded shocks+ swaybar....

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
246 Posts
Mine just came in today and I can't wait to get it installed. Hopefully it will go on tomorrow..

·
Registered
315 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts