Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would love to stiffen up the chassis a bit and was looking at the TRD rear sway bar. It looks good and isn't terribly expensive but when looking at how it mounts to the truck it looks like it will rub the protective finish off of things like the axle where the mounting brackets attach.

I guess I'm just trying to prevent rust before it starts as my last vehicle is a rust bucket.

Anybody with the TRD rear sway for a while mind looking to see if there is any worn off paint/finish or any rust at any of the mount points?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I would love to stiffen up the chassis a bit and was looking at the TRD rear sway bar. It looks good and isn't terribly expensive but when looking at how it mounts to the truck it looks like it will rub the protective finish off of things like the axle where the mounting brackets attach.

I guess I'm just trying to prevent rust before it starts as my last vehicle is a rust bucket.

Anybody with the TRD rear sway for a while mind looking to see if there is any worn off paint/finish or any rust at any of the mount points?
I just removed mine off a 2007 tundra and put it in my 2014 1794 and there was not any damage to the finish of the rearend housing on the 2007.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts