Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did some calling around to some local dealerships (Oregon) and one dealer said they can still get me the TRD SC. I know Magnuson made the TRD SC's, correct? So my Q is, if they do have a TRD SC, is there any difference between the current Magnuson and the TRD SC or any advantages of one over the other? Going in a 2014 non-flex fuel 5.7 Tundra. Thanks!

·
Registered
177 Posts
I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the TRD supercharger puts out less boost than the Magnuson and Magnuson now has their 6th generation TVS1900 on the market. Having said that, I would go with the Magnuson and putting my money where my mouth is, I just picked up my TVS1900 from Sparks in their group buy here on TT. Will be installing it on my 13 FFV later in October and getting DAP to tune it for me, removing TM and refine the power curve through out the RPM range. TT write up may follow...
GL!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow, so the dealer notes that he can get a TRD SC (he said it was a new updated version?) and that just the SC is nearly $14k!! Part number is PTR2900140, still would need the install kit, so total with install is nearly $18k!! What the heck...

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Wow, so the dealer notes that he can get a TRD SC (he said it was a new updated version?) and that just the SC is nearly $14k!! Part number is PTR2900140, still would need the install kit, so total with install is nearly $18k!! What the heck...
There's so much wrong with all of that...

·
Premium Member
1,701 Posts
That's about 10k too fukin' high.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Highway Robbery!! Just get with Sparks Toyota (TT Sponsor) and they'll get you one for maybe a little over 7K. Since you don't have a Flex Fuel, you'll have to install a new fuel pump and injectors, but other then that, you and a couple buddies should be able to do it over a weekend with some cold ones.

·
Free Tire Finalist
4,610 Posts
Crazy money! Not sure why anyone would care to have the "TRD" SC over the newer Magnuson one anyways much less for that kind of $$. I googled the part number and sure enough they are out there and they are charging crazy $$ for them.

Don't know if it's fact or not, but maybe if you get a TRD one, you can still get the factory Toyota tune for it from a dealer.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Sounds about right...if you're also paying for the supercharger that the dealer will also be installing into his own personal truck, free of charge, along with his TRD dual exhaust.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.