Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm shopping for a new or late model used Tundra - I've driven a car my whole life so to an extent all trucks ride rough to me. I test drove a 2010 Crewmax yesterday and thought the ride was the roughest vs Dodge 1500 and Chevy 1500 on two lane roads at slower speeds. I should note that the truck was well worn even though it only had 36,000 miles.

Today, I drove my neighbors 2012 Crewmax with TRD offroad package and it felt great - when I went over bumps, it didn't feel like everything was transmitted up through the seat.

I would think that the stiffer off road shocks would feel worse but it felt the opposite. Before I chunk out an extra $3k for the TRD package, does this make sense that the TRD felt smoother?

·
Registered
703 Posts
^ what creo said.. Also on the concrete freeways out here in cali I noticed my bed bounce was horrible with the stock TRD bilsteins. I ended up changing to Icon 2.5's in the rear which are a lot stiffer and the bounce got a little better. It would get out of control at times on the concrete fwy with stock bilsteins,

The 2010 may have not had the cab mount update changed. I had the old cab mounts and had them replaced by the dealer and it made a slight change on the bounce. The 2012 will be updated with the new cab mounts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts