Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
21 - 40 of 250 Posts
I'll have to research how it effects driving and handling. 95% of the time I will be on the road so it will probably be worth the minimal upgrade price. And I am very handy (used to be a helicopter mechanic in the military).

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Worth It my friend. No research needed. Esp for the price. One of the best mods you can do.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

subscribed, being that I'm a dealer for TRD, I'd love to hear feedback. so far I like what I hear. I really need to put one of these on my 2013
I'm in the market for one too. Group buy???

I'm in the market for one too. Group buy???
It really is a huge handling improvement. However please don't distract dirtydeeds, he needs to finish building my exhaust :D

Subscribed... I have been thinking about this mod for a while. I don't do any off roading, rock crawling or high speed cornering (generally ;)). I know... pretty boring...:D My typical daily commute is about 32 miles, 75% highway / 25% in town. I do tow a medium sized pop up camper occasionally. Is this something that would be a good investment for me based on the information I provided? Links to OEM part numbers and best prices would be appreciated. Thanks in advance! :)

Check trdsparks.com

Sent from my toilet.

Will you still feel the benefits with a leveled setup? 3" spacer up front and +2 shackles out back? Certainly not racing in the truck but a tighter ride would be nice.

I think it is easily the best mod I have done to my rock warrior. The handling is day and night different when going around curves. Just driving around you will notice it a little but if you do any driving on curvy roads etc over 30mph you will likely see a huge improvement in handling. It is really impressive when taking curves at 40-50 it's like I'm driving a car and not a huge truck as far as handling goes. The installation doesn't require ramps or a lift I did mine in my driveway with no issue. Definitely think it should be a stock component

Can't find it right now but another thread also recommended a Sequoia front sway bar matched with the TRD rear. Anyone of your have that? Is the Sequoia part still available? Can you get any of this from a local dealer or is that cost prohibitive?

Dave
I have the Sequoia front sway bar on my CM.

I really like it. Not as noticeable as the TRD rear bar but of course that is going from 0-1.... lol

2010 TOYOTA SEQUOIA Parts - Sparks Toyota-Scion

http://www.tundratalk.net/forums/tundra-performance-modifications/101970-stiffer-front-sway-bar.html

http://www.tundratalk.net/forums/tu...557-polyurethane-front-sway-bar-bushings.html

I think CoachBuilder makes a shim to make the POLY bushings fit correctly.. I have been meaning to do that too...

Sequoia Sway Bar install...

You can see the clean bar end in this one..along with the very subtle drop spindle..

TRD Sway Bar

Before the Drop

After the Tundra Racing Drop was installed the Rear sway bar got shorter end links and got tucked up closer to the frame.. Not sure where a picture of that is though...

Not giving you a hard time but in your picture the original sway bar looks to be about the same diameter as the Sequoia version. Is there a difference in diameter or is it the mounting attachment that makes a difference?

Also, I'm not familiar with the mentioned "Tundra Racing Drop". Could that be applied just to the rear to level the forward tilt all these trucks seem to have?

Thanks for your time,
Dave

21 - 40 of 250 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.