Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK Everybody, I'm looking for a little guidance, help, and feedback. New Owner of a '17 CrewMax 4x4 that I am getting ready to start some mods on. Looking to do the 3"/1" leveling lift but I also wanted to install the TRD Rear Sway Bar. Are these two items compatible? Will the sway bar still install and work properly with the 3" lift? Looking forward to any and all feedback and responses.

Chad

·
Registered
577 Posts
Oh yeah Chad. They will work fine, i had the same setup for like 3 years. You will need that sway bar if you are running a spacer level kit. It gets scary on the hwy without the rear sway bar.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I had bilstein 5100's and 1.25 inch shackle in the rear with a TRD sway bar on my last truck.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I also have 3/1 with the TRD RSB and let me tell you, night and day difference.

I got my 12 CM little over a year ago, and it came with the spacer kit.
I was really starting to dislike my truck big time, any semi wet conditions (hard to beat while here in the great PNW), tail end was sliding out all the time.

When I finally pulled the trigger to get it and after installation, I could've slapped my self silly for NOT DOING it sooner.
I can actually drive the truck with complete confidence

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Were you able to install the TRD RSB as it came even though the spacers were installed in back? The install of the RSB looks to be a really simple straight-forward install. I'm just wondering if the 3/1 spacer kit will complicate the RSB install...

·
Registered
80 Posts
No, not at all... it was a very straight forward process

Just had to PB blast my hitch bolts before installation to remove the dirt/ crude in them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had the TRD bar on when stock, then had a Zone 5 lift installed. Sway bar is still on with no clearance issues. The Zone kit uses 3" rear blocks.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I already had the TRD sway bar on my 14 CM, and I just did +2 CB shackles and it's fine.
Ditto. I have Toytec shackles set at 1.5" lift and no problems with sway bar.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.