Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had the magnaflow dual exhaust for a while on my 2011 Tundra crewmax, while it was quite tempermental getting it to not knock over bumps, and to get the pipes lined up just right over all I like it. I recently purchased the rear sway bar kit from TRDSPARKS.com and when I went to install it to day I found that the dual exhaust is right in the darn way:mad::banghead:..... anyone else come across this problem?

I am debating on modifying the exhaust, meaning redirecting it and tig welding it so it fits the way I need it to.... really don't want to tho.

·
Cereal Killer
20,307 Posts
I had the Magnaflow dual rear exit system and I can concur with your observations. They route the tailpipes between the frame and the leaf springs, which is a guaranteed recipe for hard contact over even modest bumps. A thread was started by the brother Mrebbert on this forum which details his issues to this end. I removed the Magnaflow system and got a Borla. :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have heard that alot of people have issues with the pipes hitting when loaded or going over bumps, I was able to eliminate that issue with some add-a-leafs which raised it up 2.75 inches. I like the magnaflow exhaust, I really like the look of dual pipes straight out the back..... I just put 35" Nitto terra grapplers on it today, and will proceed to modify the exhaust to accept the sway bar by weeks end. what a pain in the arse tho, had I known that this was going to be an issue I would have gone with a different exhaust system from the start.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts