Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Man, I want that grill and those headlights.

The rest of the truck isn't worth the jump in price for me. The front end doesn't really look that much taller than mine in those pics... I wonder how much taller the Pros actually are.

·
Premium Member
4,823 Posts
I am pretty sure I already read the DC will start at $45k. Which is exactly what an extended cab Raptor starts at...
if the DC starts at 45K, we have a major flop on our hands

no way

·
Registered
574 Posts
Would like to see some interior photos to see if they put back the double glove box, improved the center console and door storage and added under rear seat storage for the CM like the DC.
None of that stuff is changing.

·
Registered
837 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Those tires are the ones that should have come on our trucks from day one, those damn bfg 'rugged trails' were TOTAL crap, but this truck does need something else more rugged.
Original equipment tires are always terrible, i just wish that they had some more imagination with this truck.
Those tires are the exact tires that come on the '14 TRD trucks. Same size too.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Toyota clearly pays attention to what we do to our truck, already has blacked out badges and a bhlm and since some of us like to take the badges off they went ahead and stamped them into the truck... Hate that. I do like the grill though.

·
Registered
471 Posts
looks great, but if they priced it like a Raptor I'd buy a Raptor - this thing would not be competitive

·
Registered
387 Posts
Ho many of ya'll have seen new Raptors for 40k-45k on dealer lots OTD? They are still above 50k after rebates here for the most part where a 45k Tundra is possibly at 40k or a little lower.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Ho many of ya'll have seen new Raptors for 40k-45k on dealer lots OTD? They are still above 50k after rebates here for the most part where a 45k Tundra is possibly at 40k or a little lower.
Extended cabs are 45k with no options. No rebates. No haggling.

·
Registered
471 Posts
that's because the majority of raptors out there are supercrews with the raptor luxury package which will go for around 54 MSRP. the extended cab ones without luxury package are far less common but retail for around 44 - a friend of mine actually has one of these so they do exist, but his is literally the only one I've ever seen

·
He Has Risen!
6,318 Posts
Actual color aside, the different grille insert and color-matched bumpers and grille surround make a work of difference. It actually makes the new body lines look good.
The wheels aren't bad either, for a change. IMO, Toyota makes some of the ugliest factory wheels for trucks. (I actually like some of the factory GM truck wheels. About the only thing they do well).
All they need to do is use duratracs from the factory and it would be one mean lookin truck.

·
Premium Member
6,820 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
I have been watching this truck since it's reveal at the Chicago auto show and I really like it! But the killer for me is the cloth seats, to have heated and cooled leather seats are a total must for me. Do you guys think this will be an option? Did the older rock warrior's have that option?

I guess if they don't give the option to have luxury like a platinum, I'll turn a platinum into this thing by customizing the shocks and whatever else changes. Just won't have my trd stamped box, which I'm ok with.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Buy a standard truck, throw on some uniball upper control arms, a good set of 2.5 coil overs, and throw on some Bilstein/Fox on the rear and you will have a better performing truck at a cheaper price.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I have been watching this truck since it's reveal at the Chicago auto show and I really like it! But the killer for me is the cloth seats, to have heated and cooled leather seats are a total must for me. Do you guys think this will be an option? Did the older rock warrior's have that option?

I guess if they don't give the option to have luxury like a platinum, I'll turn a platinum into this thing by customizing the shocks and whatever else changes. Just won't have my trd stamped box, which I'm ok with.
No. When I bought my 12 RW I asked about that too. It had front/rear sensors, moonroof etc but no leather...would have to be a dealer aftermarket add-on. Part of the reason I went with a Platinum this go around.

41 - 60 of 64 Posts