Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a Pro? I can honestly say I'm not sure I want to drop 70k+ on it when the rear looks horrible. Like a base model should look.

Can you paint the bumper and top of the tailgate to match the paint?

Is it as bad as I feel or am I over thinking it. I really want the solar like my old orange 2015 Pro.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, painting the bumper panels is good to know.

The last quirk is that stupid black Plastic looking lip over the top of the tailgate. If I can't remove it, I assume a body shop can paint it at least.

I still feel the premium of the Pro should have a color matched rear...that red model is what I'd expect.

I still think the orange Pro is made up, I can't fine one anyways!
Wheel Tire Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle
Car Tire Vehicle Wheel Automotive tail & brake light

Attachments

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Mine looks like it would come off easy. I have a black sr5 so it came color matched. I would think a shop could paint it. I'm not certain though because that camo may be some kind of coating. I believe the Platinum comes with painted tailgate lip thingy so I'm sure you could order a paintable one on the off chance the pro coating can't be painted over. I do agree color match should be an option.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks, painting the bumper panels is good to know.

The last quirk is that stupid black Plastic looking lip over the top of the tailgate. If I can't remove it, I assume a body shop can paint it at least.

I still feel the premium of the Pro should have a color matched rear...that red model is what I'd expect.

I still think the orange Pro is made up, I can't fine one anyways! View attachment 891012 View attachment 891014

Anyone have a Pro? I can honestly say I'm not sure I want to drop 70k+ on it when the rear looks horrible. Like a base model should look.

Can you paint the bumper and top of the tailgate to match the paint?

Is it as bad as I feel or am I over thinking it. I really want the solar like my old orange 2015 Pro.

Yes you can paint the bumper. Infact I paint my whole truck on last weekend and had awesome result.
As per my experience I used Wagner Motocoat paint sprayer for car and truck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts