Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1639 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
really? that seems so pricey. . .But it does look good, would you attach this by cutting out your current grill insert and attaching it with zip ties??

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
That is way cheaper than I imagined, isnt a platinum grill like $400+? But I guess you have to buy the hood piece to go with it.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
its actually not that difficult to remove the painted part from the grille. i just took mine apart to dip it. two screws on each side and then some clips. they're a bit tricky, but not impossible.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
145 Posts
Anybody know the part number for black and/or how to order a colormatched upper grille for the part that mounts on the hood?

I suppose it is not simple to detach the grille from the (chrome on some, color-matched on others) surround without ghettoizing it?

·
Premium Member
3,918 Posts
A lot less $$ than I figured it'd be. I woulda guessed they'd know there would be a demand and ask $350ish. Looks nice tho.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
291 Posts
Looks too similar to an SR5 grill IMO. Just the "Toyota" vs Logo for $300...

·
Registered
291 Posts
If anyone is just switching out the insert. I'd be interested in purchasing your old platinum/limited grille insert.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Keep us posted, and what you do for the hood piece. DOn't imagine it's included.

What do you mean for the hood piece? When I get the Pro grille, I'll remove the black painted piece around the bottom and install the bronze piece from my stock grille. Should be pretty easy, and no need to have anything repainted.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
145 Posts
Sorry I was thinking it was a chrome grill.
So the painted grille surrounds from the upper (platinum etc. ) trim levels are detachable from the inserts but the chrome ones are not?

Edit: nevermind I removed the grille myself and took a look (stupid simple, two plastic trim fasteners, 4 screws, and two tugs at the bottom on each side in case anyone looking at this thread wants a diy writeup...) definitely possible to remove the chrome surround. Order placed. Save the chrome edition trd pro grille insert coming soon

1 - 20 of 1639 Posts