Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be ordering the TRD Pro grill and hood bulge for my 2015 Tundra Limited from Roman, Toyota of Cool Springs. My truck is the Midnight Black Metallic paint code LA/20 (0218/20). I bought the truck in a neighboring state so never saw it until I picked it up. I just assumed the color was black but in bright sunlight it's kind of a sparkly blue. At first I didn't know if I'd like it but it has definitely grown on me. My dilemma. The bulge can be ordered in the factory color from my understanding? So if I did that I'd have to get the surrounding border of the grill painted to match? Or the second option is to just order both in the TRD Black 020. Would that all black look funny? It's already expensive and would be more so and a hassle to get them painted. Just wondering if anyone else with the same color truck did this mod and/or any opinions to help me decide. Oh, almost forgot, it's the TOYOTA letters not the oval emblem right? Looks like the photo was wrong on the parts site but I think I read somewhere that Roman said the photo hadn't been updated.

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
I got my TRD Pro grille and hood bulge from Roman, as well as my TRD Pro headlights.
I was able to get my hood bulge in MGM, but had to get my surround painted locally.
It is a little tricky to separate the grille from the surround, but with patience it can be done.
I also removed my TOYOTA letters and had them painted too.

As to leaving yours black, try it and see if you like it.
You can always take it off and have it painted.
But unless you plan on getting more black stuff, fender flares, or black steps, I think just having a black front end would look out of place.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow that looks great! You got me wanting to do the same! This is the reason I didn't buy my wife a Jeep! Besides being total crap, Jeeps are endless when it comes to mods and accessories. I never imagined my Tundra would be like that! That's why I splurged for the Limited because I thought it would have every option I would want. Man was I wrong! I saw those lights a while back. They are LED right? Were they hard to install? I didn't think there was a plug n play wiring harness for them yet. Are you going to paint your corner bumpers? I have flat black Bushwacker fender flares but not sure I like them. At least not currently because now my wheels are inset too far and it looks funny. Not sure what to do about that. Can't justify new rims and not sure I want to run the risk of spacers. Here in PA they won't pass inspection and that would be a pain in the ass to take them off just for inspection.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.