Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
13,620 Posts
I looked up underneath at someone who had one for just over a year here in New England. The pipes all had the surface rust everyone is talking about but the flanges and the mufflers themselves were still bright and shiny. I thought I remember someone telling me that was because certain parts were made of 409 and and the others were made of 304 if I'm saying that correctly. And I believe the 304 was better than the 409. On another note, has anyone tried powdercoating and exhaust? Can it withstand the heat? I'd like to do a trd exhaust but dumped under the truck, basically just a foot of pipe or so coming out of the mufflers
I have seen pc'd and ceramic coated exhaust both hold up well.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Agree with OP. Love the one we put on the wife's truck last week. She wanted a little more noise, but she's not willing to put up with a crazy loud exhaust and this one only gets loud when you really get on it. At cruise its still quieter than the tires.

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Agree with OP. Love the one we put on the wife's truck last week. She wanted a little more noise, but she's not willing to put up with a crazy loud exhaust and this one only gets loud when you really get on it. At cruise its still quieter than the tires.
My exact experience as well.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I am wanting to sell my TRD exhaust off of my Pro if anyone is interested. I know this is an old thread and I'm not trying to jack. I was just unable to post in the for sale section for some reason.

·
Registered
317 Posts
SeanScott said:
I am wanting to sell my TRD exhaust off of my Pro if anyone is interested. I know this is an old thread and I'm not trying to jack. I was just unable to post in the for sale section for some reason.

You can’t post in the for-sale until you have 50 posts.

Where are you located? Any reason why you’re getting rid of your Pro exhaust? (Upgrading?)

·
Registered
48 Posts
You can’t post in the for-sale until you have 50 posts.

Where are you located? Any reason why you’re getting rid of your Pro exhaust? (Upgrading?)
Didn't know that. Thank you for letting me know. I had the Corsa 14916BLK on my 2014 and loved the tone of it. The TRD sounds good, it's just a little quiet for me. I am in Midland, TX. Truck/exhaust have 1500 miles on them now.

·
Registered
758 Posts
My 1794 came from the dealer with the TRD Pro exhaust. No burning smell, no smoke that I recall on the drive home (I live around 175 miles from the dealer). I am almost at 1000 miles now and have been really happy with the decision to go that route over an AFE again. No drone, quiet cruising around town, but it wakes up when you put the hammer down.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts