Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will preface with this; I bought my 19 SR5 TRD off road with 25K miles on it. One owner, undercoated and rust free. Lived in Nebraska for its first 2.5 years. Bought it 6 months ago, now crossing 29k on the odometer.

Had an experienced shop tech work on it for me today, alignment was off and I wanted to rotate the tires and change the oil. I work at the dealer so I know the tech and vouch for his skill set/experience. He said that the shocks are starting to leak and will need to be replaced sooner than later. (And it also looks like the previous owner never rotated the tires, they’re starting to chop). Looking like those will be the next maintenance items I do. Otherwise the truck has been problem free so far.

Are those bilsteins a common point of failure? I’ll likely upgrade shocks, possibly bilstein b8 5160’s all around. I am, of course, open to recommend around from you guys as well!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I will preface with this; I bought my 19 SR5 TRD off road with 25K miles on it. One owner, undercoated and rust free. Lived in Nebraska for its first 2.5 years. Bought it 6 months ago, now crossing 29k on the odometer.

Had an experienced shop tech work on it for me today, alignment was off and I wanted to rotate the tires and change the oil. I work at the dealer so I know the tech and vouch for his skill set/experience. He said that the shocks are starting to leak and will need to be replaced sooner than later. (And it also looks like the previous owner never rotated the tires, they’re starting to chop). Looking like those will be the next maintenance items I do. Otherwise the truck has been problem free so far.

Are those bilsteins a common point of failure? I’ll likely upgrade shocks, possibly bilstein b8 5160’s all around. I am, of course, open to recommend around from you guys as well!
Have you got any solution?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts