Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im picking up a used TRD CAI and judging from the pics, it appears that there is not the piece that connects the lower half of the Tundra OEM airbox to the fender. Is this piece usually included in the TRD kit? Another thread here, which I have inquired, mentions something about an "air flow accelerator"?? Im not sure if this is the same piece or even if the kit replaces that tube that runs from the OEM lower airbox to the inner fender in the engine compartment. Any thoughts? Thanks!

· Registered
1,441 Posts
Im picking up a used TRD CAI and judging from the pics, it appears that there is not the piece that connects the lower half of the Tundra OEM airbox to the fender. Is this piece usually included in the TRD kit? Another thread here, which I have inquired, mentions something about an "air flow accelerator"?? Im not sure if this is the same piece or even if the kit replaces that tube that runs from the OEM lower airbox to the inner fender in the engine compartment. Any thoughts? Thanks!
You are on the right track.. With TRD CAI you will use the buttom of your stock air box. It will clip right on.. I do believe the accelerator will come with the new TRD CAI. Mine did..
The air flow accelerator will be the rubber intake hose that will attach to your stock buttom cover, then into your air intake hole which is the hole in your inner frame fender.. When you remove your stock box cover you will see right where the accelerator is to be installed. Make sure the rubber accelerator is installed right side up. It will have a notch in it.. . It's a very easy task. 5 minutes tops.. Good luck :D

· Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Flippindrew; Great, Ill let you know if I need it! I put a call into where I got my TRD CAI and he's checking around the shop for it. I called TRD Sparks and they can get them for $15.50 plus shipping but it would be ordered and then shipped- 7 days at the soonest....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.