Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Trd intake lid

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  HULZAZZ 
#1 ·
Hey guys

I told the Trd intake apart to install an extra pipe on the bottom part of the intake box (per supercharger's mod). The bottom part of the Trd intake is stock air box. The Trd intake comes with the supercharger. Anyways I took a closer look at the box lid (part that says Trd) and it doesn't fit the bottom part exactly. There is like 1/4" gap or so. Is this normal or do I just get a defective one?

#7 ·
I took pictures of the TRD kit I had laying around. It seems like the filter itself acts a gasket. The clips tightens it down pretty well.

#10 ·
That is correct, the top lid is bigger than the bottom. There is a little gap on the output side of the intake. You can see the red lip of the filter but I doubt any air gets leaked from there. I'm not home right now, but I took a picture of that side when I took the others but this one turned out blurry :eek:

Make sure your filter is placed correctly in the box. I'm pretty sure its not a perfect square. I might be wrong...

#9 ·
As long as the TRD/Supercharger lid has the same size MAF as a stock intake, I am looking forward testing my custom 4" intake with the blower and possibly upgrading it to a 4.5".

I'm sure the blower will be screaming with a cone filter setup like mine, but I do have a spare stock box to try Supercharged's way and keep it stealthy. I'll have to see how it all plays out and if I can get that blower for a good price. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.