Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

81 - 87 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
I installed it and noticed that the steering is a little tighter. Other than that I did not notice any additional harshness in the ride or when hitting bumps.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I installed it and noticed that the steering is a little tighter. Other than that I did not notice any additional harshness in the ride or when hitting bumps.
Tire pressure is also a large component of "harsh" vs "lush" ride. E load rated tires (tire sidewall stiffness) too.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Being that there was no instruction sheet, what are the torque specs for the bolts. This is what I think they appear to be in foot pounds. Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Being that there was no instruction sheet, what are the torque specs for the bolts. This is what I think they appear to be in foot pounds. Thanks
Those look correct to me.

I got my front sway bar from Sparks. It had instructions in it that included torque. I checked them (in the box) with the factory service manual and they were correct.

Again, your torques look correct. The 100 lb-ft is a bunch of torque. But again, it's correct.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
So for my setup, I have a front leveling kit, 18x9 with 0 offset wheels, and Nitto Terra Grappler G2s in 275/70/18. I usually keep the pressure between 40 to 44 PSI. Once I installed the TRD on the front, I noticed a tighter feeling in the steering, no added ride or bump harshness, and a more controlled front end feeling when accelerating to pass. Just passing on my results as every truck is different. Now all I need is a shock upgrade......I have the black OEM shocks. How is the TRD setup?

·
Registered
1 Posts
2013 CM. 35" with 2.5 coil overs. HD Firestone airlift bags on rear. Extra tire on roof. 2 iron bull bumpers' full size ARE shell loaded with beef and gear = top heavy. We only trail cruise, no romping this piggy.

My tundra started to feel like a 67 Cadillac El Dorado. Big, fat, and sloppy, a boat. Corners were sketchy. When I noticed my end links were destroyed, I studied the web for a few weeks. Blogs, videos etc. I went ahead and ordered....

• Moog end links avg $30ea side (Toyota OEM $150ea side)
  • TRD front sway bar (listed as sequoia 2018/19 fits 2nd gen no problem). Expect $170-200.
  • TRD rear sway $200-240
Added rear first, test drive...
Low speeds about 25mph felt no different.
Low speed wide turns, less roll.
Low speed sharp turn, less roll but felt that rear inside tire lift a bit.
Low speed outta control steering (throwing steering wheel L.R.L.R.L.R. ) much less roll, fast recovery to bring straight up.

40s - 60s
Overall nice. Felt more in control. Not recommended for any truck looking to go romping since the bar reduced foot pressure to the ground. Thus the tire lift on inside tire during turns. Much easier to spin.

Added TRD front sway and end links....
B.E.A.U.TIFUL!!! Much stiffer. Steering feels solid, heavy, responsive. Aggressive turns return truck to straight up position fast!!!!!!!!

Outta control steering (throwing steering wheel L.R.L.R.L.R) at 45mph... this felt like she knew she needed to straighten out. I wasn't thrown in my seat... no heavy lean.
BUT... I could tell that she msg have issue at higher speeds if trying to recover too fast.

My final words....
1) If you're not a 4x4 romper, get the rear. If you have top weight... add the rear and front.
2) with both bars, learn her abilities and attitude again. She's a different beast now.

NOTES:
Front sway bar torque specs below.
Rear sway bar torque specs come with package or see below.
Front sway.... put endlinks on sway first and torque to spec.
2 people can bust this rear in 15 minutes. Front in 30.
1 person rear... 1 hr.
1 person front... 1.5 hr
Measure twice cut once!!!!!!!! Double check yourself, each other's work!

·
Registered
492 Posts
For my set up, the front TRD bar is a bad idea because it makes the 2WD RCSB ride so stiff it's jittery. I like the rear TRD bar on my truck, but I am thinking about trying the larger rear bar that Hellwig makes because you really can't have too much anti-sway in the rear on the street.

81 - 87 of 87 Posts