Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
had mine on over a week now and i've been terrible on the gas pedal, especially highway on ramp. that rumble tho...Congrats Dmart you will enjoy it!

·
Registered
278 Posts
It's not an annoying sound that is in your ear every day but EVERY passenger I've had comments on just how good it sounds.

Reactions: Mr. Creosote

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Its an easy install. Even easier if you have the rubber hanger tool. Just be sure and soak your exhaust bolts several times over several days leading up to the install. Those things can get rusty.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Anywhere near Atlanta?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I keep going back and forth between mufflers and the TRD seems to be what I want. I was a slight tone but not excessive. I've had my truck since April and I've put 14k miles on it. I go to NJ and PA a lot from Boston. I have a feeling I will be getting the TRD ones and from what I hear, this is perfect for me. I know it's a bit pricier but I'll deal with it.
Did you ever settle on the system that worked best for you? If not (I know it's an old thread but worth a shot), let me know! I'm offering a new system and will put more info in a new post here.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Again, old thread i know - but if anyone is still eyeing the to buy a dual exhaust system, feel free to take a quick look any one that i'm now offering. It's comparable to the TRD system except it has a beautiful brushed finished, precision welding and angled/rolled adjustable tips! Plus it's at a lower cost!
I have them on sale on Ebay under my username of "AlpineAutomotive" at $900 w/shipping included - but I'm more than happy to offer them directly for $820 shipped for fellow forum members! I have them ready-to-ship in our Central U.S. warehouse. I've sold a handful and so far the reviews have been nothing but positive, here's from 2 of my buyers:
  • James from Arlington, Texas - "I love it bro! This is really better than my old $1200 Borla cat! The installer guy has years of welding experience said the welding and quality of this exhaust is amazing! It's not too loud or too quite either, it's perfect!"
  • Nik from Dallas, Texas - "I couldn't be happier! It's got a really great tone which the videos do no justice. It's not obnoxiously loud, just a really deep throaty sound that really opens up once you floor it.
Contact me directly if interested or would like to purchase, can have it shipped out the door within 1 business day! My cell 972-897-3094, feel free to call or text!

I'll leave some detailed photos below:
Tableware Kitchen utensil Product Dishware Tool

Musical instrument Wind instrument Line Automotive exterior Nickel

Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design Motor vehicle Vehicle

Automotive lighting Bumper Rim Automotive design Carbon

Font Metal Nickel Bicycle part Silver

Nickel Cylinder Auto part Bicycle part Metal

Nickel Gas Auto part Metal Composite material

Tool Automotive design Rim Nickel Office supplies

Tool Bicycle part Kitchen utensil Nickel Rectangle

·
Registered
13,962 Posts
Again, old thread i know - but if anyone is still eyeing the to buy a dual exhaust system, feel free to take a quick look any one that i'm now offering. It's comparable to the TRD system except it has a beautiful brushed finished, precision welding and angled/rolled adjustable tips! Plus it's at a lower cost!
I have them on sale on Ebay under my username of "AlpineAutomotive" at $900 w/shipping included - but I'm more than happy to offer them directly for $820 shipped for fellow forum members! I have them ready-to-ship in our Central U.S. warehouse. I've sold a handful and so far the reviews have been nothing but positive, here's from 2 of my buyers:
  • James from Arlington, Texas - "I love it bro! This is really better than my old $1200 Borla cat! The installer guy has years of welding experience said the welding and quality of this exhaust is amazing! It's not too loud or too quite either, it's perfect!"
  • Nik from Dallas, Texas - "I couldn't be happier! It's got a really great tone which the videos do no justice. It's not obnoxiously loud, just a really deep throaty sound that really opens up once you floor it.
Contact me directly if interested or would like to purchase, can have it shipped out the door within 1 business day! My cell 972-897-3094, feel free to call or text!

I'll leave some detailed photos below:
View attachment 888796
View attachment 888797
View attachment 888794
View attachment 888791
View attachment 888792
View attachment 888793
View attachment 888795
View attachment 888790
View attachment 888789
What material is used, if stainless, what grade? I am curious.

·
Registered
5 Posts
What material is used, if stainless, what grade? I am curious.
It's marine grade stainless steel, has a brushed-polished finish and awesome weld quality. I don't think there's many brands out there willing to provide close-up pictures and there's probably a good reason. I'm offering 1-year warranty on defects and workmanship (not including install errors). Let me know if you're curious about anything else! Thanks.

·
Registered
13,962 Posts
It's marine grade stainless steel, has a brushed-polished finish and awesome weld quality. I don't think there's many brands out there willing to provide close-up pictures and there's probably a good reason. I'm offering 1-year warranty on defects and workmanship (not including install errors). Let me know if you're curious about anything else! Thanks.
Being as marine grade is a term that applies to several grades of stainless, and kind of broadly used incorrectly, do you know if it is 304, 316, 409... etc?

I mean no offense, but I am curious since I have bought several systems that stated "marine grade", one rusted really bad within a month. One held up for a year or two, one held up for several. All different grades of steel.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts