1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
Congrats. You will love it.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Have fun with that first tank of gas! I still love to roll the windows down and let er rip. Never get tired of that exhaust note. My wallet doesn't like it so much though.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Enjoy. I love mine. Cruising about 45 with light throttle, you can hear the engine pulses. Put your foot in it and it's sweet.

·
Premium Member
3,918 Posts
Did u make sure they r actually TRD's? Another thread above from a member that had TRD duals installed and they are actually Borla I believe he said.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So I picked the truck up this afternoon and I couldn't be happier. It's not too much or too little. Just what I was hoping. You guys were right, it does sound mean when you get on it a little. Now I'm not sure I need a radio anymore :D
Yes, it is TRD, true duals. Should I have got to keep the old exhaust? I never thought about it until I got home.

·
I Kick Hippies
1,274 Posts
TRD does sound great! Yes, you should have kept your stock exhaust, worth at least a couple hundred if it's from your 2013. Could be a nice offset to your TRD expense. Go get it while you can!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Day 2 with the duals and I still love the sound, BUT I swear I lost some acceleration power. Am I making this up? I still haven't smashed it yet though because of that pesky gauge that keeps showing me my MPG's. Also, is there a break-in period for these trucks? Should I keep driving it like an old man or just drive it like I stole it?

·
Registered
104 Posts
I picked up a TRD exhaust yesterday and put it on last night. It does sound awesome but I lost what feels like a lot of low end power. I don't know if I like that. Does it take time for the computer to adjust or is this the way it is?

Reactions: Mr. Creosote

·
Cereal Killer
20,307 Posts
I am not familiar with the intricacies of the engine controller, but all I can say is some of the torque did return.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I am not familiar with the intricacies of the engine controller, but all I can say is some of the torque did return.
The truck is now breathing easier so I would think the computer needs to learn and adjust to the new exhaust. At least I hope so. I love the sound but it needs its low end power.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Day 2 with the duals and I still love the sound, BUT I swear I lost some acceleration power. Am I making this up? I still haven't smashed it yet though because of that pesky gauge that keeps showing me my MPG's. Also, is there a break-in period for these trucks? Should I keep driving it like an old man or just drive it like I stole it?
usually there is no need for breakin periods for bolts on

·
Registered
273 Posts
I picked up a TRD exhaust yesterday and put it on last night. It does sound awesome but I lost what feels like a lot of low end power. I don't know if I like that. Does it take time for the computer to adjust or is this the way it is?
yeah i am also feeling the lost in the low end, I wonder why. I have the OBX LT along with shorty exhaust dumped behind the rear wheel

·
Registered
104 Posts
yeah i am also feeling the lost in the low end, I wonder why. I have the OBX LT along with shorty exhaust dumped behind the rear wheel
I am at a loss as I don't understand. Maybe a cold air intake would help so that it is breathing better all around. I don't know but if it doesn't improve, I will probably change it back.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I put the TRD exhaust on mine and I also did the K&N CAI. Makes a great combo, sounds great!!!

I tried to sell my old exhaust, but the issue is that the bend do not match anything older then 2010. so most of those trucks don't need new exhaust yet..

·
Registered
104 Posts
I love the way the TRD exhaust sounds but the low end power loss is too much! I think I am going to put my original exhaust back on. I am kinda disappointed.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts