Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm debating trashing my cats (just seemed like the next logical step) since it's legit here in Florida but I am very curious to the benefits and the cons of doing so. ENJIMAKATE MES.

Reactions: Mr. Creosote

·
Premium Member
8,115 Posts
LOL...It's not "Legit" anywhere, you just mean that since we don't have a sniff test, you can get away with it in Florida. It's still a violation of federal law.

·
Premium Member
8,115 Posts
Hey. I just noticed you're in PC, I'm just over the bridge.

Rock on my fellow Tundra Local. Watch for the Black lifted 12 with the Halos...I have yet to see a Halo'd Tundra in Bay County.

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the welcome Big Shasta! I'll keep an eye for ya. Halos huh? How do you like them and how easy was the wire work? Also, are there any local meets that you know of? I'm new to the gear-head world and have a lot to catch up on, hoping to meet and greet other Tundra lovers & builders. By the way, thanks for the education about the "legitimacy" of Florida law.

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hows that DD BAMuffler set up also? I hear/read great things!

·
Premium Member
8,115 Posts
The Halos are simple to wire up, once they are installed in the headlight housings. I had Big Tundra (a member here) do mine, I have an extra set of headlights I'll lend you to use while you send yours out if you go that route.

I'm actually out of town for work but We'll have to figure out a get together and you can check out the Halos and hear the BAMuffler, It's Awesome.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Keith, the creator of BAmuffler walked me through this one the only gain is exhaust tone no hp increase or torque just better sound.

·
Registered
452 Posts
remove the rear ones for better sound leave the front ones

·
Registered
191 Posts
I ditched the rear cats. Kept front ones so my O2 sensors didn't throw codes and jack my ECU up. Best mod ever. Makes it sound soo much meaner. Then I took my rear cats down to the local metal recycler and got $100 for em. More mod $$!!

·
Registered
445 Posts
I ditched the rear cats. Kept front ones so my O2 sensors didn't throw codes and jack my ECU up. Best mod ever. Makes it sound soo much meaner. Then I took my rear cats down to the local metal recycler and got $100 for em. More mod $$!!
im getting rid of all 4 cats. and replacing with Keiths custom pipes..4 mini mufflers instead of cats

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
Keith, the creator of BAmuffler walked me through this one the only gain is exhaust tone no hp increase or torque just better sound.
actually:lol5: since we've spoke I've done dyno testing. My bolt on system adds 3hp and 3lb ft of tq. Not much right??? wrong, the torque curve comes in much sooner and holds on longer. Before dyno testing I thought all of the MANY reports of my system making guys trucks faster was placibo effect since it made the truck sound much meaner. Now it's confirmed, my systems DO make power over stock, and it's right at the bottom end where most aftermarket exhaust loses power:D

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That's kick ass DirtyDeeds! Mad props.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts