Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Spoolin shift kit consisting of aluminum accumulator pistons, accumulator springs and piston travel limiting rods can be had for around $300.
Or, IPT can rework your valve body for around $650.

· Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Do you have experience with the kit?
I have the IPT valve body in one of my Tundras. I am happy with it. Took about 3 hours to install.

That's a tad more invasive and costly then I was looking for but I figured it would be something along those lines. DIY?
If you are looking for a less invasive cheaper option, I guess you could buy a used Bully Dog for 200 bucks and set the transmission shift to performance mode.
It will not give you the same effect as a shift kit of VB mod though.

As far as DIY, if you are handy and have access to a lathe, you could build your own Spoolin type shift kit for a fraction of the cost.
Much more time consuming though and more chance to get something wrong.

· Premium Member
1,118 Posts
didn't know how advanced ours were. I know it's nothing like the dodge 10spds that are electronically shifted and stuff
The Tundra transmission is electronically shifted and the line pressure is electronically controlled too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.