Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 2000 toyota tundra limited 4x4. The overdrive gear went out almost 3 months ago and I replaced the transmission for one from a 2004 acces cab 2 months ago. Now this past week it's starting to give me problems. At the same time it won't go into overdrive, won't shift down unless I'm slowing down and hard shifts into 3rd. It has done this twice this week, the first time for 25 miles then after being off for 1 hour it was fine. Then today 5 days later it does it again, I turned the truck off and on at a light and it fixed for a few miles. Sorry for the long text, I'm really hoping this is an easy solenoid problem or something. If I have to replace my transmission again Its gonna take me another month because I have to do it at home and I get back from work at night. Also it's my only vehicle. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Without knowing more info......Are you sure it isn't your thermo switch or thermostat stuck open? The transmission wont go in to LU or OD until temp is reached or read by the trans. No check engine light? Should be scanned if it is something else.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts