Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope someone can help me here. I have a '13 Tundra 4x4 with the 5.7 liter. The other day I went to drive it and it shifted fine up to 4th gear then stayed in fourth. I tried putting it in the manual shift mode and it still would only go to fourth. Then the 4LO light came on. I tried putting it in 4High and the 4High light came on as the 4Lo was still on also. I tried putting it in 4Lo and it started beeping, then the check engine light came on and the anti-skid light (or something along that line). I only have 2800 miles on this truck. Has anyone else had a problem like this. I had it towed to a dealership but was curious if this is a common problem or not. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,545 Posts
Have you done any off roading or hit a big pot hole? This is a classic symptom of a broke wheel speed sensor or wire.

The other thing can be an AIP faiure. The truck may have gone into limp mode. A dealer ship scan will tell you which it is.

The AIP issue is a warrenty item up to 150k, so you are good there.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks KO

No I didn't hit any holes or anything. When I parked it the night before everything was fine. When I hear something from the shop I'll update.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I hope someone can help me here. I have a '13 Tundra 4x4 with the 5.7 liter. The other day I went to drive it and it shifted fine up to 4th gear then stayed in fourth. I tried putting it in the manual shift mode and it still would only go to fourth. Then the 4LO light came on. I tried putting it in 4High and the 4High light came on as the 4Lo was still on also. I tried putting it in 4Lo and it started beeping, then the check engine light came on and the anti-skid light (or something along that line). I only have 2800 miles on this truck. Has anyone else had a problem like this. I had it towed to a dealership but was curious if this is a common problem or not. Thanks.
have you figured out your issue?

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
Sounds like it needs the computer in it reset. Can't remember what its called something along the lines of a zero point calibration. Had a similar issue with my 08, didn't have a shifting issue but the dash was all lit up if it wasn't for all the lights being on in the dash I wouldn't have bothered having it fixed as I could care less if all the nannies work or not, as in my case the ABS, traction control, stability control, etc didn't function. Everything else like the limited slip, 4WD functions, etc worked fine. Actually the truck became extremely fun to drive not having all the nannies operating to intrude. The truck would get sideways on dry pavement while spinning both rear wheels :).

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
yep, these trucks shift really weird when they go into limp mode.

subscribed to hear the outcome. If you don't get results you're looking for I can likely solve the problem over the phone. gimme a call.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts