Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, I have just drained and filled rear diff, tC, and front diff. Now while I have truck on lift I thought I might as well finish it off with trans gasket, fluid & filter change. My question is the parts person told me it not required to replace trans pan gasket. Now this seemed odd to me, so while looking over different forms I've seen post where people were quoted saying toyota doesn't recommend changing filter just drain and refill.

BTW, My 2014 Crew Max has 173k on dial. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2014 Tundra CrewMax

·
Registered
57 Posts
Trans pan gasket is reusable. With that many miles, you might want to make sure that you can get the pan bolts out without breaking them first. If they are corroded at all, I would guess that they won't come quietly so a double drain and fill would be your best bet. Just make sure that you follow the proper procedure so you get the level correct. This isn't a Chevy of yesteryear where a round about full trans will get you by. Toyota's are very picky about the level as any modern car is. Make sure you use the WS fluid. Don't use a fluid that says it is compatible with WS as you would be asking for trouble.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
57 Posts
Wrong fluid. It says WS but is not WS. Go to Toyota and get it. Or you can get it from Rick auto and get the Aisin WS as the Toyota trans is built by Aisin.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
How many quarts would you recommend on just drain and refill?
Better have at least 7 if six "should do".
My A750F in 2006 CC LTD used over 6 qts on a thorough Double Drain/Fill.
I use a graduated container for precise accuracy, and only since I have owned truck since new off delivery truck from Indiana!
If not sure, the PITA method is a must.

Cheap insurance for a smart job.
Ū

1 - 8 of 8 Posts