Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started car up today went in reverse noticed the malfunction light is on, slip indicator light amd the 4 lo light blinking..car is in 2wd drive mode..

Start driving and notice after first gear its not shifting...

Is the tranny gone?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
it is actually shifting..but i get up to a certain mph and then it doesn't go...you can hear the engine winding up, but the wheels are not going any faster...

·
Premium Member
2,010 Posts
There is a chance that your fluid is actually low that would cause issues like that. Get a 5mm hex (allen wrench) and crack open that level plug at the bottom of the tranny pan (NOT the 14mm drain plug). Turn it really slowly to see if any fluid comes out. If Nothing comes out, even after removing the plug, then tighten it up. You can either add WS fluid through the side of the 24mm fill plug, or get a tranny service asap..

·
Registered
13,585 Posts
I hope there isn't a tranny in any of our trucks, unless that's what your into...

Trans, yes, tranny NOOOO NOOOOOOOOO lol.

It could be the aip failure or maybe a wheel speed sensor too.

I think both can trigger limp mode more or less.

·
Registered
13,349 Posts
My tranny let go at 96k miles. Caused by torque falling apart. Material gets magnetized on all 6 sensors causing it to malfunction.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I spoke with a tech the other day and he said that air pump is their number one issue with the Tundras. He said they get moisture in them and quick working.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts