Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Premium Member
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at a new tilt bed trailer. I have also looked at aluminum but I have red where they crack and you have to continually weld them up.?.? I was curious if anyone on here has any info on a full tilt bed trailer. I also like the ones that are not hydro so the less problems that might occur.

Thanks,
Robert:D

· Registered
421 Posts
Cummins, if you're looking to haul more than just fill dirt or mulch I would NOT recommend aluminum. They just don't last. The metal is FAR too soft. It's light, but not strong enough.

Like volleyball said, how often is it going to be used? What kind of things are you looking to haul?

Reactions: Cummins

· Premium Member
3,547 Posts
I build tilt bed car haulers. What has been posted already is spot on.

Things to consider:

A steelie can be over loaded, You might break a spring but you can fix it pretty easy.

Do you want power tilt (electric/hydrailic or just the hand pump hydraulic.

Get one with stake pockets, you can use it as a large utility trailer as well as hauling cars, only need to add some boards to double its use.

I like to encourage the use of LT tires vs trailer tires. I have no trouble claiming that trailer tires are pretty crappy.

A roughsawn oak deck will outlast a treated lumber deck, plus the new treated lumber is corrosive to iron.

Make sure the trailer has a winch platform. I like to encourage the heavy duty hand crank boat winches, they may take longer, but you don't have to spend 5 bills for a winch that is getting the shit beat out of sitting behind the truck.

Opt for hand built fenders vs preformed. Mine you can actually drive a car over and not hurt them except for a bit of tire rub.

Here is a shortcut to my add. There is a pic of one of my car haulers.

Thanks

Kirk

Custom built Utility, Boat, & Snowmobile Trailers-Gift Cert. Available

· Registered
1,172 Posts
I rented this for the day and it was beat to hell but worked great! 2 yard gvw 6000 lbs with surge brakes elec hyd tilt and I didnt need to get a brake controller or a new 2 5/16 ball. Now I want one LOL

[/URL][/IMG]

Reactions: Cummins

· Premium Member
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Those are some nice looking trailers. I am just looking for a 7k full tilt bed to use for various hauling. I have a 10k and 24k if I need to haul something heavy so just getting something easier to haul cars, mulch, and other various items.

Robert:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.