Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14,226 Posts
Mine fit, but you have to fanagle that B around till it finds an almost rainbow unicorn spot and drops down.

Then you un-clip you have to fanagle again till you find that elusive spot and it will come back up...

At least with my chain clips.

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
Yep its a common issue on these receivers. The chain loops are pretty large so it makes it hard to get those safety chains to hook properly. I replaced them on my chains with chain quick links. Takes a few seconds to unscrew the thumb screw to get the chains off and on but works much better. You just have to get them large enough to fit through the holes in the receiver. Like these, except larger: 1 Quick Link Chain Rope Cable Connector Heavy Duty 3/8 In 2200 Pound 9.5mm | eBay

·
Registered
215 Posts
I'd just mess with it till it fits. Not all of my trailers with safety chains have those gates removing them wouldn't hurt. I like the fact that these hook points are thicker I've had hook points bend before on other hitchs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.