Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone recommend a Trailer savy Toyota dealer or shop in the Pportland OR metro area?
Got this error last Friday.
Took it to the dealer. They told me the pre collision warning meant I needed to to with the parking sensors off. No problem found. Told me to try another trailer as it was likely my trailer. <sigh>.
Tried my neighbors trailer and it too throws this warning.
Automotive design Gadget Vehicle Motor vehicle Personal luxury car

Vehicle Automotive design Motor vehicle Personal luxury car Car

Before this error, I also have issues where I’m unable to get the brake controller to lock the rear wheels even when I squeeze the slider. From reading this forum that seems a common issue with these controllers.

I purchased this truck used at 19k mikes and have spent the months since purchase tracking a mystery coolant leak. Toyota fixed that under warranty (new head gasket) now this pops up and it’s my own dime. I’m pretty close to throwing in the towel on this rig with all the service visits. I’m going to give my local dealer one more shot at fixing this, then I’ll give one other shop a chance and if I can’t get it resolved, I’ll be looking for a new tow rig.
I was expecting Toyota reliability. Bought used because I couldn’t get a new one with brown interior. Figured with 19k mikes and Toyota it was like new. Seemed I got a lemon, but so far Toyota service has tried to fix the thing. Just tired of shuttling back for “no problem found”. Multiple times before I get a fix.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Anyone recommend a Trailer savy Toyota dealer or shop in the Pportland OR metro area?
Got this error last Friday.
Took it to the dealer. They told me the pre collision warning meant I needed to to with the parking sensors off. No problem found. Told me to try another trailer as it was likely my trailer. <sigh>.
Tried my neighbors trailer and it too throws this warning.
View attachment 888963
View attachment 888964
Before this error, I also have issues where I’m unable to get the brake controller to lock the rear wheels even when I squeeze the slider. From reading this forum that seems a common issue with these controllers.

I purchased this truck used at 19k mikes and have spent the months since purchase tracking a mystery coolant leak. Toyota fixed that under warranty (new head gasket) now this pops up and it’s my own dime. I’m pretty close to throwing in the towel on this rig with all the service visits. I’m going to give my local dealer one more shot at fixing this, then I’ll give one other shop a chance and if I can’t get it resolved, I’ll be looking for a new tow rig.
I was expecting Toyota reliability. Bought used because I couldn’t get a new one with brown interior. Figured with 19k mikes and Toyota it was like new. Seemed I got a lemon, but so far Toyota service has tried to fix the thing. Just tired of shuttling back for “no problem found”. Multiple times before I get a fix.
There was a TSB for the trailer warning you are getting. My 2018 did this and the update fixed it.
Also, the other TSS-P stuff is also a known issue, especially if your truck's last owner didn't drive it much. They might not have seen the error and therefore didn't take it in. Back in '18-'19, there were recalls both for the antenna piece in the grille emblem and software updates. I had 2 new sensors (Sensor Assembly, Millimeter Wave Radar) installed on my 2018 before it had 10k miles. https://www.toyoheadquarters.com/th...sor-pre-collision-system-pcs-recall-k0b.1651/ This system is completely unrelated to the parking sensors; don't let them sell you parts for the bumper when the problem is in the grill. If it wasn't done at the time, the radar MIGHT still be done free of charge since it was a defective part and part of a known issue that wasn't addressed already by the previous owner or any dealership.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts